May 16, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
What better way and day to announce the latest addition to the Miss Sprint Cup lineup than Friday, the start of the two-day Sprint All-Star Race weekend at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
New Jersey resident Julianna White was announced Friday as the third member of the Miss Sprint Cup team, joining four-year veteran Kim Coon and rookie Madison Martin. White replaces Brooke Werner, who left the team recently.
A former Miss New Jersey USA, White is a 2011 graduate of The College of New Jersey, with a degree in Communication Studies. White has one older sister and 38 first cousins!
Since graduating, she has worked in Philadelphia at QVC as an in-house model.
“I am most excited to see all of the different tracks up close, learn more about their histories and meet the best fans in all of sports,” White said in a Sprint media release. “I grew up playing soccer, basketball and running track so the excitement of competition is something I have always thrived on, and it’s something I am ready to experience at the track.”
White makes her debut at CMS this weekend and will be spending time at The Sprint Experience, signing autographs and meeting fans Friday and Saturday.
She’ll also join Koon and Martin in being active on the team’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Power steals final pole of IndyCar’s 2015 season with new track record at Sonoma 2
- Oriol Servia reflects on his friend Justin Wilson, as he races No. 25 car at Sonoma (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 1
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5