Kevin Harvick leads after fourth segment of Sprint All-Star Race; one 10-lap sprint to $1 million prize remains
May 17, 2014, 11:07 PM EDT
With one final 10-lap sprint still to go, Kevin Harvick was in front of the field after the fourth and final 20-lap segment of Saturday night’s 30th annual Sprint All-Star Race at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Harvick took over the lead from Jamie McMurray midway through the fourth segment.
Kasey Kahne led at the end of the second and third segments, but then lost the lead during an early pit stop in the fourth segment.
Kahne then hit the outside retaining wall hard, dropping him to 12th after the fourth segment.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 8
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 8
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1