Kevin Harvick leads after fourth segment of Sprint All-Star Race; one 10-lap sprint to $1 million prize remains
May 17, 2014, 11:07 PM EDT
With one final 10-lap sprint still to go, Kevin Harvick was in front of the field after the fourth and final 20-lap segment of Saturday night’s 30th annual Sprint All-Star Race at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Harvick took over the lead from Jamie McMurray midway through the fourth segment.
Kasey Kahne led at the end of the second and third segments, but then lost the lead during an early pit stop in the fourth segment.
Kahne then hit the outside retaining wall hard, dropping him to 12th after the fourth segment.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 1
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 5