Kevin Harvick leads after fourth segment of Sprint All-Star Race; one 10-lap sprint to $1 million prize remains
May 17, 2014, 11:07 PM EST
With one final 10-lap sprint still to go, Kevin Harvick was in front of the field after the fourth and final 20-lap segment of Saturday night’s 30th annual Sprint All-Star Race at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Harvick took over the lead from Jamie McMurray midway through the fourth segment.
Kasey Kahne led at the end of the second and third segments, but then lost the lead during an early pit stop in the fourth segment.
Kahne then hit the outside retaining wall hard, dropping him to 12th after the fourth segment.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH: Race of Champions at 7 p.m. ET kicks off motors evening on NBCSN 0
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 15
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1