Kevin Harvick leads after fourth segment of Sprint All-Star Race; one 10-lap sprint to $1 million prize remains
May 17, 2014, 11:07 PM EDT
With one final 10-lap sprint still to go, Kevin Harvick was in front of the field after the fourth and final 20-lap segment of Saturday night’s 30th annual Sprint All-Star Race at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Harvick took over the lead from Jamie McMurray midway through the fourth segment.
Kasey Kahne led at the end of the second and third segments, but then lost the lead during an early pit stop in the fourth segment.
Kahne then hit the outside retaining wall hard, dropping him to 12th after the fourth segment.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- NASCAR AMERICA: Wednesday Round-Up Includes Denny Hamlin Interview (VIDEO) 3
- Greg Ives to become crew chief for Dale Earnhardt Jr. next season 12
- Ten with Townsend: Toronto debrief 0
- Denny Hamlin’s team hit with big penalties after Brickyard infraction 4
- High 5: Chip Ganassi Racing’s win streak at Mid-Ohio (VIDEO) 0