May 18, 2014, 9:52 AM EDT
Still tows, still extra boost, but still speeds creeping up on Sunday morning at the Indianapolis 500 morning practice before official Pole Day this afternoon.
Mikhail Aleshin, at 232.917, posted the fastest lap of the month in the No. 7 SMP Racing Honda for Schmidt Peterson Motorsports. Josef Newgarden was second for Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing, also over 232 mph.
Both Kurt Busch and Ryan Hunter-Reay were in the 231 range, and Carlos Huertas clocked in fifth at 230 mph.
Hard to tell too much if anything from these times, especially since we already know the nine drivers who have a shot at pole. But, bragging rights anyway for the Russian rookie, who has a nice bounce back a week after being involved in the start line accident in the Grand Prix of Indianapolis.
Here’s your morning speeds and times.
Video from NASCAR America
- Ryan Blaney passes Kyle Busch on final restart, hangs on to win Nationwide race at Bristol 0
- Kevin Harvick edges Jeff Gordon for Bristol Sprint Cup pole 0
- Will A.J. Allmendinger seek payback for Brad Daugherty’s practical joke? 0
- 2015 NASCAR Schedule to be Revealed Tuesday, 5 p.m. ET, on special NASCAR AMERICA 0
- Rossi disappointed, but diplomatic, after Marussia no-go 1
- Hamilton strikes back to top FP2 ahead of Rosberg in Belgium 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Belgian Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0