May 18, 2014, 9:52 AM EST
Still tows, still extra boost, but still speeds creeping up on Sunday morning at the Indianapolis 500 morning practice before official Pole Day this afternoon.
Mikhail Aleshin, at 232.917, posted the fastest lap of the month in the No. 7 SMP Racing Honda for Schmidt Peterson Motorsports. Josef Newgarden was second for Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing, also over 232 mph.
Both Kurt Busch and Ryan Hunter-Reay were in the 231 range, and Carlos Huertas clocked in fifth at 230 mph.
Hard to tell too much if anything from these times, especially since we already know the nine drivers who have a shot at pole. But, bragging rights anyway for the Russian rookie, who has a nice bounce back a week after being involved in the start line accident in the Grand Prix of Indianapolis.
Here’s your morning speeds and times.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH: Race of Champions at 7 p.m. ET kicks off motors evening on NBCSN 0
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 14
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1