Although Sunday eliminations were rained out, lots of action took place at NHRA race this weekend (videos)
May 18, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Although weather postponed Sunday’s final eliminations of the Summit Racing Equipment Southern Nationals at Atlanta Dragway to Monday, folks around the Commerce, Ga., track are still talking about two major that took place in the first two days of qualifying on Friday and Saturday.
If you’re a fan of the quarter-mile, you’ll definitely want to check out the two videos below. Fortunately, no one — drivers or spectators — were hurt.
First was Antron Brown’s crash in Friday’s qualifying.
And then there was Funny Car Tim Wilkerson’s huge explosion during Saturday’s qualifying session.
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 2
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 2
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 1
- NHRA: Pro Stock driver Erica Enders hitting on all cylinders heading into U.S. Nationals 3
- IndyCar flashback: Justin Wilson finishes second, Will Power/Scott Dixon controversy at Sonoma 2013 (video) 3
- Report: FIA to conduct closed cockpit tests next month 13
- DiZinno: Justin Wilson’s enduring legacy, positive spirit loom as large as his frame 2