Although Sunday eliminations were rained out, lots of action took place at NHRA race this weekend (videos)
May 18, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Although weather postponed Sunday’s final eliminations of the Summit Racing Equipment Southern Nationals at Atlanta Dragway to Monday, folks around the Commerce, Ga., track are still talking about two major that took place in the first two days of qualifying on Friday and Saturday.
If you’re a fan of the quarter-mile, you’ll definitely want to check out the two videos below. Fortunately, no one — drivers or spectators — were hurt.
First was Antron Brown’s crash in Friday’s qualifying.
And then there was Funny Car Tim Wilkerson’s huge explosion during Saturday’s qualifying session.
Video from NASCAR America
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 8
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 8
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1