May 19, 2014, 10:26 AM EDT
As we pay tribute to the late Sir Jack Brabham, here’s a flashback as we head into the Monaco Grand Prix this weekend – the final lap of the 1970 Monaco race, where Jochen Rindt battled Sir Jack for the win.
It was an incredible final lap; Brabham seemed to have the race in his grasp as he led the Austrian, before he slid off line trying to pass a slower car. That left Rindt to take the victory in his Lotus over Brabham’s own chassis. It was an unfortunate second place finish for the Australian.
Relive the action in this phenomenal piece of video, nearly 45 years on from the time it happened.
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 0
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 0
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 1
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 2
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Mid-Ohio (1:30 p.m. ET, CNBC and Live Extra) 0
- Hunter-Reay fastest in final Mid-Ohio warm up despite spinning out 0