May 19, 2014, 10:26 AM EDT
As we pay tribute to the late Sir Jack Brabham, here’s a flashback as we head into the Monaco Grand Prix this weekend – the final lap of the 1970 Monaco race, where Jochen Rindt battled Sir Jack for the win.
It was an incredible final lap; Brabham seemed to have the race in his grasp as he led the Austrian, before he slid off line trying to pass a slower car. That left Rindt to take the victory in his Lotus over Brabham’s own chassis. It was an unfortunate second place finish for the Australian.
Relive the action in this phenomenal piece of video, nearly 45 years on from the time it happened.
- Welcome back, Wilson: Englishman back with Andretti for rest of 2015 0
- DiZinno: Daytona fence crash ripple effect could extend to other motorsports 6
- Ten with Townsend: Red Bull GRC 4 races in, post-MCAS New River 0
- Smiling Through the Rain: Silverstone proved that it isn’t all doom and gloom in F1 2
- NHRA: Anderson wins 4th of ’15, Stoffer over Sampey in 3rd all-female final in NHRA history; Kalitta, Beckman also win 2
- Ken Block seizes opportunity, wins Red Bull GRC at MCAS New River 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: British Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 0