May 20, 2014, 1:38 PM EDT
During last weekend’s Top Gear Festival Barbados, Red Bull Global Rallycross started its 2014 season and current Formula One championship leader Lewis Hamilton made several demonstration runs in a 2013-spec Mercedes.
Also, somebody had the glorious idea to put Hamilton and his F1 machine in a one-on-one race against GRC driver Ken Block and his souped-up Ford Fiesta ST.
We’re not sure who came up with the idea. But we figure he/she most certainly deserves an immediate raise.
And lucky us, the Top Gear camp was able to capture the fun in the delightful video above. More images of the proceedings can also be found on the Top Gear website.
NBC will air the GRC season-opener from Barbados this Saturday at 1 p.m. ET and Formula One’s crown jewel event – the Monaco Grand Prix – the following day LIVE at 7:30 a.m. ET.
- Power wins Verizon P1 Award in Detroit with new track record 1
- Preview: Detroit’s doubleheader a crucial weekend for IndyCar championship 0
- ARCA: From welder to race car driver, Sarah Cornett-Ching continues her building prowess 2
- Taylor Swift to be featured on Tony Kanaan’s IndyCar in Detroit; will she make it to track? 7
- Surprises, struggles: NHRA at one-third mark of ’15 season 5
- FIA seeking new teams for Formula 1 in 2016 and 2017 8
- Gossage to Walker: “We need a more competitive race this year than last year” 2