May 20, 2014, 1:38 PM EDT
During last weekend’s Top Gear Festival Barbados, Red Bull Global Rallycross started its 2014 season and current Formula One championship leader Lewis Hamilton made several demonstration runs in a 2013-spec Mercedes.
Also, somebody had the glorious idea to put Hamilton and his F1 machine in a one-on-one race against GRC driver Ken Block and his souped-up Ford Fiesta ST.
We’re not sure who came up with the idea. But we figure he/she most certainly deserves an immediate raise.
And lucky us, the Top Gear camp was able to capture the fun in the delightful video above. More images of the proceedings can also be found on the Top Gear website.
NBC will air the GRC season-opener from Barbados this Saturday at 1 p.m. ET and Formula One’s crown jewel event – the Monaco Grand Prix – the following day LIVE at 7:30 a.m. ET.
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 0
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 1
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 0
- NHRA: Pro Stock driver Erica Enders hitting on all cylinders heading into U.S. Nationals 3
- IndyCar flashback: Justin Wilson finishes second, Will Power/Scott Dixon controversy at Sonoma 2013 (video) 3
- Report: FIA to conduct closed cockpit tests next month 13
- DiZinno: Justin Wilson’s enduring legacy, positive spirit loom as large as his frame 2