May 20, 2014, 1:38 PM EDT
During last weekend’s Top Gear Festival Barbados, Red Bull Global Rallycross started its 2014 season and current Formula One championship leader Lewis Hamilton made several demonstration runs in a 2013-spec Mercedes.
Also, somebody had the glorious idea to put Hamilton and his F1 machine in a one-on-one race against GRC driver Ken Block and his souped-up Ford Fiesta ST.
We’re not sure who came up with the idea. But we figure he/she most certainly deserves an immediate raise.
And lucky us, the Top Gear camp was able to capture the fun in the delightful video above. More images of the proceedings can also be found on the Top Gear website.
NBC will air the GRC season-opener from Barbados this Saturday at 1 p.m. ET and Formula One’s crown jewel event – the Monaco Grand Prix – the following day LIVE at 7:30 a.m. ET.
- Off The Grid Mexico Kicks Off on NBCSports.com (VIDEO) 0
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 1
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 1
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 2
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5