May 20, 2014, 1:38 PM EDT
During last weekend’s Top Gear Festival Barbados, Red Bull Global Rallycross started its 2014 season and current Formula One championship leader Lewis Hamilton made several demonstration runs in a 2013-spec Mercedes.
Also, somebody had the glorious idea to put Hamilton and his F1 machine in a one-on-one race against GRC driver Ken Block and his souped-up Ford Fiesta ST.
We’re not sure who came up with the idea. But we figure he/she most certainly deserves an immediate raise.
And lucky us, the Top Gear camp was able to capture the fun in the delightful video above. More images of the proceedings can also be found on the Top Gear website.
NBC will air the GRC season-opener from Barbados this Saturday at 1 p.m. ET and Formula One’s crown jewel event – the Monaco Grand Prix – the following day LIVE at 7:30 a.m. ET.
- Pippa Mann revels in career-best IndyCar finish at Fontana 0
- After tough recent outings, Jack Hawksworth relishes 10th-place showing at Fontana 0
- MAVTV 500: Despite being nerve-racking to crazy, drivers glad safety won out 1
- WATCH: IndyCar’s frantic, thrilling MAVTV 500 to re-air at midnight ET on NBCSN 3
- Nelson Piquet Jr crowned first ever FIA Formula E champion in thrilling London finale 1
- Sarrazin takes surprise pole in wet London ePrix qualifying 3
- DiZinno: IndyCar’s Double-Edged Sword in Fontana 19