May 20, 2014, 1:38 PM EST
During last weekend’s Top Gear Festival Barbados, Red Bull Global Rallycross started its 2014 season and current Formula One championship leader Lewis Hamilton made several demonstration runs in a 2013-spec Mercedes.
Also, somebody had the glorious idea to put Hamilton and his F1 machine in a one-on-one race against GRC driver Ken Block and his souped-up Ford Fiesta ST.
We’re not sure who came up with the idea. But we figure he/she most certainly deserves an immediate raise.
And lucky us, the Top Gear camp was able to capture the fun in the delightful video above. More images of the proceedings can also be found on the Top Gear website.
NBC will air the GRC season-opener from Barbados this Saturday at 1 p.m. ET and Formula One’s crown jewel event – the Monaco Grand Prix – the following day LIVE at 7:30 a.m. ET.
Video from NASCAR America
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 2
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 7
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2