May 20, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Both Force India drivers, Sergio Perez and Nico Hulkenberg, have finished in the points in every race they’ve finished thus far in 2014.
To keep up the streak, as the team currently sits fourth in the Constructor’s Championship, both drivers described how precise you have to be on the streets of Monaco.
“In terms of precision it’s right up there with Singapore as the toughest race of the year,” Hulkenberg said in the team’s pre-race advance. “You never get a break during the lap; you are always working hard because it’s corner after corner. Even the straights are really short and it’s high-speed for such a narrow track. I particularly enjoy the swimming pool area, which is very quick, and the two right-hand corners before the tunnel.”
Added Perez, “It’s a big challenge and I have always believed it’s a circuit where the driver can really make a difference. So you always have the chance to do something special there. It’s not the most difficult lap of the year, but you have to always keep your concentration.”
Hulkenberg enthused about the magnitude of Monaco from there.
“It’s the event of the year. Your heartbeat goes up when you arrive there and walk over the bridge into the pits,” he said. “The place looks amazing with the buildings, the scenery and the mountains. Of course the biggest thrill is driving the track because it’s so unique and gives you the biggest excitement of the year.”
You can see the Monaco Grand Prix weekend starting at 4 a.m. ET, Thursday, with Practice 1 live streamed on NBC Sports Live Extra. Practice 2 is on NBCSN at 8 a.m. ET Thursday.
Video from NASCAR America
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 2
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 16