May 20, 2014, 7:41 PM EDT
As Memorial Day weekend draws closer, the spotlight is firmly on NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Kurt Busch and his quest to run all 1,100 miles of the Indianapolis 500 and Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte on Sunday.
His NASCAR teammate, Danica Patrick, has a good perspective on what kind of trials Busch will face at Indy. Before moving to stock cars, the ex-Verizon IndyCar Series star competed in seven ‘500’s with a top finish of third in 2009.
On today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA, Patrick told reporter Kelli Stavast that the Greatest Spectacle in Racing could be even more of a drain on Busch than the 600 miles at Charlotte because he’ll be outside of his comfort zone.
Also on today’s episode was a review of special NASCAR events that took place on May 20 and a look at the nominees and voting process for the NASCAR Hall of Fame.
The HoF will choose five drivers for its Class of 2015 tomorrow in Charlotte, and NASCAR AMERICA will broadcast live from there tomorrow at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra.
If you want more NASCAR AMERICA goodness, check out the archive page for past clips.
- INDYCAR confirms more aero kit updates coming to Long Beach 0
- Rocky Moran Jr. to replace Huertas in Coyne’s No. 18 for Long Beach 7
- Rosberg heads up Mercedes one-two in Bahrain FP2 1
- Kimi Raikkonen quickest in first practice for Bahrain GP 2
- F1 Paddock Pass: Bahrain Grand Prix (VIDEO) 1
- 2015 Bahrain Grand Prix Preview 0
- Preview: Anyone’s game as IndyCar heads to historic Long Beach 1