May 20, 2014, 2:05 PM EST
The week leading up to the Indianapolis 500 is one that always features a wealth of parties, but one of the best for charity is the annual The Yellow Party, presented by AutoNation and Lennar, this Thursday night, May 22.
Racing for Cancer founder Ryan Hunter-Reay, the 2012 Verizon IndyCar Series champion, has committed time, money and resources for fundraising to help beat cancer – The Yellow Party grew out of the “Beat Cancer Bash” a few years ago. RHR and wife Beccy Hunter-Reay are hosts of the event.
The focal point of the night will be the live and silent auctions of one of a kind motorsports memorabilia as well as goods and services donated from local Indianapolis businesses. All proceeds will go to benefit foundations dedicated to the early detection of cancer, research and prevention: Racing for Cancer, The Little Red Door, and the Indy Family Foundation. In addition to the funds raised from the donation, AutoNation will match all funds raised at next Thursday’s event.
Most of the IndyCar field – which so far besides Hunter-Reay includes at least Scott Dixon, Marco Andretti, James Hinchcliffe, Carlos Munoz, EJ Viso, Ryan Briscoe, Ed Carpenter, Alex Tagliani, Charlie Kimball and likely more – will be in attendance Thursday night at the Crane Bay in downtown Indianapolis.
VIP tickets are available for purchase before the event opens to the general public. More information on the event, which begins at 6 for VIPs and 7 for GAs, can be found on the event website.
Video from NASCAR America
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Jimmie Johnson: Kevin Harvick winning Sprint Cup title was “the right thing” 14
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Nico Rosberg 0
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Lewis Hamilton 0
- Hamilton quickest in second practice for Abu Dhabi GP 0
- First blood to Hamilton in Abu Dhabi as he tops FP1 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0