May 20, 2014, 2:05 PM EDT
The week leading up to the Indianapolis 500 is one that always features a wealth of parties, but one of the best for charity is the annual The Yellow Party, presented by AutoNation and Lennar, this Thursday night, May 22.
Racing for Cancer founder Ryan Hunter-Reay, the 2012 Verizon IndyCar Series champion, has committed time, money and resources for fundraising to help beat cancer – The Yellow Party grew out of the “Beat Cancer Bash” a few years ago. RHR and wife Beccy Hunter-Reay are hosts of the event.
The focal point of the night will be the live and silent auctions of one of a kind motorsports memorabilia as well as goods and services donated from local Indianapolis businesses. All proceeds will go to benefit foundations dedicated to the early detection of cancer, research and prevention: Racing for Cancer, The Little Red Door, and the Indy Family Foundation. In addition to the funds raised from the donation, AutoNation will match all funds raised at next Thursday’s event.
Most of the IndyCar field – which so far besides Hunter-Reay includes at least Scott Dixon, Marco Andretti, James Hinchcliffe, Carlos Munoz, EJ Viso, Ryan Briscoe, Ed Carpenter, Alex Tagliani, Charlie Kimball and likely more – will be in attendance Thursday night at the Crane Bay in downtown Indianapolis.
VIP tickets are available for purchase before the event opens to the general public. More information on the event, which begins at 6 for VIPs and 7 for GAs, can be found on the event website.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA talks with Atlanta winner Kahne at 5 p.m. ET 0
- Gene Haas’ F1 team changes team name, launches new pages 3
- Cindric proposes IndyCar champion Will Power will run No. 1 in 2015 2
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 1
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 3
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 5
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1