May 21, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT
According to tweets by Vickers and MWR, his No. 55 Aaron’s Toyota wrecked in Turn 3, reportedly after a right front wheel came apart. It’s unclear if the actual wheel became separated from the car, or if there was some other type of failure.
Vickers tweeted that he’s okay but emerged from the wreck feeling sore.
Apparently the soreness isn’t affecting Vickers too much, as he jumped into a backup car and completed a number of additional laps.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 0
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 2
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 5
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 10
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 14