May 21, 2014, 3:56 PM EST
According to tweets by Vickers and MWR, his No. 55 Aaron’s Toyota wrecked in Turn 3, reportedly after a right front wheel came apart. It’s unclear if the actual wheel became separated from the car, or if there was some other type of failure.
Vickers tweeted that he’s okay but emerged from the wreck feeling sore.
Apparently the soreness isn’t affecting Vickers too much, as he jumped into a backup car and completed a number of additional laps.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 2
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 4
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 11