May 21, 2014, 3:56 PM EST
According to tweets by Vickers and MWR, his No. 55 Aaron’s Toyota wrecked in Turn 3, reportedly after a right front wheel came apart. It’s unclear if the actual wheel became separated from the car, or if there was some other type of failure.
Vickers tweeted that he’s okay but emerged from the wreck feeling sore.
Apparently the soreness isn’t affecting Vickers too much, as he jumped into a backup car and completed a number of additional laps.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 0
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 30
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0