May 21, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT
According to tweets by Vickers and MWR, his No. 55 Aaron’s Toyota wrecked in Turn 3, reportedly after a right front wheel came apart. It’s unclear if the actual wheel became separated from the car, or if there was some other type of failure.
Vickers tweeted that he’s okay but emerged from the wreck feeling sore.
Apparently the soreness isn’t affecting Vickers too much, as he jumped into a backup car and completed a number of additional laps.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Bell: “Carb Day is many things to many people; mine was many jobs” 0
- Texas Motor Speedway president Eddie Gossage plans to talk with IndyCar about potential changes to cars 4
- Hamilton storms to first Monaco GP pole position 1
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari in final practice for Monaco GP 0
- Chip Ganassi lobbying for IndyCar schedule changes 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar, Indy Lights Carb Day (11 a.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- IndyCar driver raises concern about design of wishbone that injured James Hinchcliffe in crash 4