May 22, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
Brian Scott paced the field in the first of two NASCAR Nationwide Series practice sessions on Thursday in preparation for Saturday’s History 300 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Scott’s best lap of 178.684 mph just barely topped the next five fastest best laps, all set by Sprint Cup regulars. Kyle Busch was second-fastest (178.524 mph), followed by Matt Kenseth (178.241), Brad Keselowski (178.183), Kevin Harvick (177.725) and Kyle Larson (177.672).
A total of 40 drivers took part in the one-hour practice. The second practice session, scheduled for 80 minutes, will run from 5:30 to 6:50 p.m. ET.
There are no on-track activities Friday at CMS. Qualifying for Saturday’s NNS race will take place earlier that day at 10:40 a.m. ET, with the History 300 event slated to take the green flag at 2:45 p.m. ET.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 7
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 8
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 21
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 2
- Kyle Busch says Toyota teams are “idiots” by not working close together 20
- Brian France: State of NASCAR is in a good place and getting better 6