May 22, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
Brian Scott paced the field in the first of two NASCAR Nationwide Series practice sessions on Thursday in preparation for Saturday’s History 300 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Scott’s best lap of 178.684 mph just barely topped the next five fastest best laps, all set by Sprint Cup regulars. Kyle Busch was second-fastest (178.524 mph), followed by Matt Kenseth (178.241), Brad Keselowski (178.183), Kevin Harvick (177.725) and Kyle Larson (177.672).
A total of 40 drivers took part in the one-hour practice. The second practice session, scheduled for 80 minutes, will run from 5:30 to 6:50 p.m. ET.
There are no on-track activities Friday at CMS. Qualifying for Saturday’s NNS race will take place earlier that day at 10:40 a.m. ET, with the History 300 event slated to take the green flag at 2:45 p.m. ET.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Alonso: My next move won’t be a surprise for anybody 0
- Will the weight of expectation prove to be too great for Lewis Hamilton in Abu Dhabi? 0
- With Vettel, Alonso, Mercedes and Renault all on the move, Abu Dhabi will mark the end of an era in F1 0
- 2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Preview 0
- Sebastian Vettel joins Ferrari for 2015 season, partnering Kimi Raikkonen 0
- Ferrari confirms Alonso will leave at end of 2014 F1 season 0
- Report: Kurt Busch meets with police over assault claims by ex-girlfriend 0