May 22, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
Brian Scott paced the field in the first of two NASCAR Nationwide Series practice sessions on Thursday in preparation for Saturday’s History 300 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Scott’s best lap of 178.684 mph just barely topped the next five fastest best laps, all set by Sprint Cup regulars. Kyle Busch was second-fastest (178.524 mph), followed by Matt Kenseth (178.241), Brad Keselowski (178.183), Kevin Harvick (177.725) and Kyle Larson (177.672).
A total of 40 drivers took part in the one-hour practice. The second practice session, scheduled for 80 minutes, will run from 5:30 to 6:50 p.m. ET.
There are no on-track activities Friday at CMS. Qualifying for Saturday’s NNS race will take place earlier that day at 10:40 a.m. ET, with the History 300 event slated to take the green flag at 2:45 p.m. ET.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0
- Jean-Eric Vergne confirms Toro Rosso exit 1
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 4
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 4
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0