May 22, 2014, 5:12 PM EST
When you’re a young, up and coming race car driver, you oftentimes have to do things you don’t necessarily want — or like — to do.
It’s all a part of paying your dues.
But in the latest edition of the Penske Files, Ryan Blaney has to stop playing with his toy cars do a little dirty work because of apparent cutbacks on Team Penske’s “maintenance staff.”
It kind of reminds us of the Karate Kid, where Mr. Miyagi made Daniel-son perform a number of chores and odd jobs that the latter originally felt had nothing to do with becoming a karate champion.
Look at it this way, Ryan. When you become a Sprint Cup champion, you can kind of look back and laugh at some of the things your bosses put you through.
Check out the latest edition of the Penske Files below:
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- F1 2014 Driver Review: Lewis Hamilton 0
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 9
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 2
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 5
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 6