May 22, 2014, 5:12 PM EDT
When you’re a young, up and coming race car driver, you oftentimes have to do things you don’t necessarily want — or like — to do.
It’s all a part of paying your dues.
But in the latest edition of the Penske Files, Ryan Blaney has to stop playing with his toy cars do a little dirty work because of apparent cutbacks on Team Penske’s “maintenance staff.”
It kind of reminds us of the Karate Kid, where Mr. Miyagi made Daniel-son perform a number of chores and odd jobs that the latter originally felt had nothing to do with becoming a karate champion.
Look at it this way, Ryan. When you become a Sprint Cup champion, you can kind of look back and laugh at some of the things your bosses put you through.
Check out the latest edition of the Penske Files below:
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 0
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 3
- Ten with Townsend: Milwaukee and Iowa debrief 0
- For Dixon, it’s likely Mid-Ohio or bust in terms of 2015 IndyCar title hopes 0
- Race Recap: Vettel draws level with Senna on all-time win list with victory in Hungary 3
- NHRA Mile-High Nationals winners: Torrence, Beckman, Morgan, Krawiec 2
- F1 grid unites to pay tribute to Jules Bianchi (VIDEO) 1