May 22, 2014, 5:12 PM EDT
When you’re a young, up and coming race car driver, you oftentimes have to do things you don’t necessarily want — or like — to do.
It’s all a part of paying your dues.
But in the latest edition of the Penske Files, Ryan Blaney has to stop playing with his toy cars do a little dirty work because of apparent cutbacks on Team Penske’s “maintenance staff.”
It kind of reminds us of the Karate Kid, where Mr. Miyagi made Daniel-son perform a number of chores and odd jobs that the latter originally felt had nothing to do with becoming a karate champion.
Look at it this way, Ryan. When you become a Sprint Cup champion, you can kind of look back and laugh at some of the things your bosses put you through.
Check out the latest edition of the Penske Files below:
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Team Penske pushing for incredible season (VIDEO) 0
- Lotterer: “F1 (racing) isn’t what it used to be anymore” 0
- Joey Logano avoids “yellow fever,” wins at N.H. to advance in Chase 3
- Wreck involves several Chase drivers; Keselowski spins, suffers minor damage 1
- Rosberg reflects on a tough day in Singapore (VIDEO) 2
- Reports: 2015 Sprint Cup rules package expected to be released on Tuesday 2
- Hamilton rules in Singapore to re-take championship lead as Rosberg retires 1