May 22, 2014, 5:12 PM EDT
When you’re a young, up and coming race car driver, you oftentimes have to do things you don’t necessarily want — or like — to do.
It’s all a part of paying your dues.
But in the latest edition of the Penske Files, Ryan Blaney has to stop playing with his toy cars do a little dirty work because of apparent cutbacks on Team Penske’s “maintenance staff.”
It kind of reminds us of the Karate Kid, where Mr. Miyagi made Daniel-son perform a number of chores and odd jobs that the latter originally felt had nothing to do with becoming a karate champion.
Look at it this way, Ryan. When you become a Sprint Cup champion, you can kind of look back and laugh at some of the things your bosses put you through.
Check out the latest edition of the Penske Files below:
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Report: Toto Wolff speaks out against F1′s double points finale 2
- IndyCar: Toronto weekend analysis, musings and observations 0
- NASCAR’s Brian France on RTA’s formation: “We didn’t think it was necessary” 11
- Eldora and Indy putting a lot on Tony Stewart’s plate 0
- Todd Gilliland, 14, outdistances father David, grandfather Butch in first time they’ve all raced together 0