May 22, 2014, 5:12 PM EDT
When you’re a young, up and coming race car driver, you oftentimes have to do things you don’t necessarily want — or like — to do.
It’s all a part of paying your dues.
But in the latest edition of the Penske Files, Ryan Blaney has to stop playing with his toy cars do a little dirty work because of apparent cutbacks on Team Penske’s “maintenance staff.”
It kind of reminds us of the Karate Kid, where Mr. Miyagi made Daniel-son perform a number of chores and odd jobs that the latter originally felt had nothing to do with becoming a karate champion.
Look at it this way, Ryan. When you become a Sprint Cup champion, you can kind of look back and laugh at some of the things your bosses put you through.
Check out the latest edition of the Penske Files below:
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- It’s official: Tony Stewart to miss Bristol race, Jeff Burton to once again drive No. 14 1
- When — or will — Tony Stewart ever race again? 0
- Andre Lotterer confirmed for Caterham debut at Spa 4
- NASCAR: Joe Gibbs hopeful for eventual return of Tony Stewart 12
- The 2014 Milwaukee IndyFest weekend high on promise, with more positives than negatives 5
- NASCAR’s worst-kept secret is official: Carl Edwards joins Joe Gibbs Racing from 2015 4
- Report: Comcast’s Xfinity, NASCAR closer to series sponsorship deal 0