May 22, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Get an exclusive inside look at what it is like to be in the car as F1 racers were allowed to practice the standing start at the end of free practice 2 in Monaco.
Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso executes a perfect practice start, and this video shows just how much preparation it takes before the getaway at the beginning of each race.
- NASCAR AMERICA: Thursday round-up (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar: A crucial weekend to commence at Mid-Ohio 0
- Mark Martin returning to Roush Fenway Racing in unique role 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Wednesday Round-Up Includes Denny Hamlin Interview (VIDEO) 3
- Greg Ives to become crew chief for Dale Earnhardt Jr. next season 12