WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET — Bill Lester, Kasey Kahne, Kurt Busch, NASCAR’s North Carolina legacy
May 22, 2014, 3:29 PM EDT
Thursday’s edition of NASCAR AMERICA is not only going to be jam-packed with content, Rick Allen, Kyle Petty and Jeff Burton will inaugurate the grand opening of “Burton’s Garage,” our second Charlotte-based studio.
Among the highlights on today’s show:
* Bill Lester discusses the impact of Wendell Scott’s selection for the NASCAR Hall of Fame Induction Class of 2015 and how Scott paved the road for drivers like Lester and others in NASCAR.
* Kelli Stavast talks with Kasey Kahne at Charlotte Motor Speedway on the search for his first 2014 win.
* Eli Gold delves into the rich and far-reaching history of NASCAR in the Tar Heel state, North Carolina.
* We’ll go behind the scenes with Kurt Busch as he prepares for Sunday’s “Double” of racing in both the Indianapolis 500 at the legendary Indianapolis Motor Speedway in the early afternoon and then in that evening’s Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
* Marty Snider talks with Parker Kligerman, who will be on standby as Kurt Busch’s backup driver for the Coca-Cola 600.
With such an action-packed show, you’ll want to make sure you tune in to a special edition of NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra for online/mobile devices.
If you’re planning to watch online on Live Extra, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at 5 p.m. ET to watch NBCSN’s NASCAR AMERICA.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 6
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 7
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1