May 22, 2014, 7:45 AM EDT
After a dry first session earlier today, the clouds have rolled in and rain looks set to interrupt proceedings during second practice for the Monaco Grand Prix, which starts at 8am ET today.
CLICK HERE to watch FP2 via live stream. You can also watch on NBCSN and Live Extra.
It was business as usual for Mercedes during the first free practice session as Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg finished in first and second place respectively. However, Red Bull’s Daniel Ricciardo refused to back down despite the Silver Arrows’ pace, finishing third ahead of Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso and teammate Sebastian Vettel.
The tight nature of the circuit did catch out a number of drivers, though. Adrian Sutil’s session ended in the wall after his car over-revved at Mirabeau, whilst Esteban Gutierrez also had to park up in the sister Sauber. Max Chilton was another spinner, whilst Hamilton and Alonso had scares and were lucky not to lose control.
Who will beat the weather and win out in FP2, though? Join Leigh Diffey, Steve Matchett, David Hobbs and Will Buxton from 8am ET live on NBCSN and Live Extra to find out. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
- It’s official: Tony Stewart to miss Bristol race, Jeff Burton to once again drive No. 14 1
- When — or will — Tony Stewart ever race again? 1
- Andre Lotterer confirmed for Caterham debut at Spa 5
- NASCAR: Joe Gibbs hopeful for eventual return of Tony Stewart 12
- The 2014 Milwaukee IndyFest weekend high on promise, with more positives than negatives 5
- NASCAR’s worst-kept secret is official: Carl Edwards joins Joe Gibbs Racing from 2015 4
- Report: Comcast’s Xfinity, NASCAR closer to series sponsorship deal 0