May 22, 2014, 7:45 AM EST
After a dry first session earlier today, the clouds have rolled in and rain looks set to interrupt proceedings during second practice for the Monaco Grand Prix, which starts at 8am ET today.
CLICK HERE to watch FP2 via live stream. You can also watch on NBCSN and Live Extra.
It was business as usual for Mercedes during the first free practice session as Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg finished in first and second place respectively. However, Red Bull’s Daniel Ricciardo refused to back down despite the Silver Arrows’ pace, finishing third ahead of Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso and teammate Sebastian Vettel.
The tight nature of the circuit did catch out a number of drivers, though. Adrian Sutil’s session ended in the wall after his car over-revved at Mirabeau, whilst Esteban Gutierrez also had to park up in the sister Sauber. Max Chilton was another spinner, whilst Hamilton and Alonso had scares and were lucky not to lose control.
Who will beat the weather and win out in FP2, though? Join Leigh Diffey, Steve Matchett, David Hobbs and Will Buxton from 8am ET live on NBCSN and Live Extra to find out. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
- F1 2014 Review: Stories of the Season 0
- Toro Rosso confirms Carlos Sainz Jr. for 2015 F1 season 1
- F1 2014 Driver Review: Lewis Hamilton 0
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 12
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 3