May 23, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
When you have the busiest and most popular weekend of the year in motorsports, storylines just seem to pop out of the woodwork. And if you’re a reporter, you oftentimes have more stories than you know what to do with.
That’s not the case with the hard-working folks at NASCAR AMERICA. With Sunday’s Coca-Cola 600 on tap, the longest and most grueling race on the Sprint Cup schedule, the NASCAR AMERICA team had lots of ground to cover during Friday’s special 90-minute episode.
Here’s some of the top highlights from the show:
NASCAR America: Johnson looks to break winless streak
Rick Allen and Kyle Petty discuss what Jimmy Johnson has to do to break his current winless streak and whether Charlotte could be the place for him to do so.
NASCAR AMERICA: What an extra 100 miles brings
Kyle Petty breaks down why the Coca-Cola 600 is so grueling, pinpointing the extra 100 miles as the reason.
Rick Allen and Kyle Petty discuss just what it takes to get through 1,100 miles of racing in a day as Kurt Busch looks to become the fourth person to try and hopefully become the second racer to complete all 1,100 miles.
Kurt Busch tells us just what kind of experience he has had thus far preparing for both the Indy 500 and the Coca-Cola 600 as he travels between Indiana and Charlotte and how he is feeling about his chances in each race.
Video from NASCAR America
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 0
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 4
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0
- Jean-Eric Vergne confirms Toro Rosso exit 3
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 6
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4