May 23, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Get ready for the biggest motorsports weekend of the year with a special, 90-minute edition of NASCAR AMERICA today at 4 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra for online/mobile devices.
The live “NASCAR AMERICA Motorsports Special” will have host Rick Allen, analyst Kyle Petty, and reporters Marty Snider and Kelli Stavast deliver the latest developments, as well as connect live with reports from the Monaco Grand Prix, Indianapolis 500, and Coca-Cola 600 from Charlotte.
On tap on the IndyCar side, we’ll have a special feature on defending Indianapolis 500 champion Tony Kanaan, as well as an interview with Ed Carpenter, who starts from the pole for the second straight 500 — and has some unfinished business left over from last year’s race.
On the NASCAR side, we’ll have an interview with three-time Sprint Cup champion Tony Stewart, who is the only driver to complete all 1,100 miles of the Indy 500/Coca-Cola 600 “Double.” His NASCAR teammate, Kurt Busch, who will join us from Indianapolis with Mary Snider, hopes to replicate that feat on Sunday. Danica Patrick also chimes in on the nuances of Busch’s Indy/Charlotte weekend.
We’ll also give a full Coca-Cola 600 preview, with drivers talking about the endurance and patience they’ll need to get through all 600 miles (400 laps around the 1.5-mile Charlotte Motor Speedway).
In Formula One, championship leader Lewis Hamilton will take you for a lap around the infamous Circuit de Monaco, as well as talks about the possibility of becoming part of very select company by going for his fifth straight win at Monaco. We’ll also talk about Mercedes’ domination thus far in 2014 with Hamilton and teammate Nico Rosberg.
And as if that’s not enough, AMA Lucas Oil Pro Motocross star James Stewart will check in from the series’ season-opening weekend at California’s Glen Helen Raceway. We’ll also hear from Global Rallycross driver Tanner Foust.
CLICK HERE at 4 p.m. ET to watch the NASCAR AMERICA Motorsports Special.
Video from NASCAR America
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 3
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 1
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 5
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 6
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0