May 24, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
NBCSN’s Steve Matchett explains the drag reduction system used in Formula One racing. Matchett says the “DRS” improves straight-line speed by reducing the amount of drag on the race car. It works as an important overtaking tool during races, but must be used carefully in order to truly feel the benefits.
For more 30 Seconds to Know videos, click here.
- NASCAR schedule reveals some potential 2015 IndyCar schedule hints; Texas IndyCar returns 1
- Kevin Harvick riled at Tony Stewart portrayal in Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy 15
- Like a good stew, 2015 Sprint Cup schedule and new Chase format need time to simmer for best taste 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: How did the 2015 schedule come together? (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR announces 2015 Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Truck Series schedules (VIDEO) 1
- FIA won’t punish Nico Rosberg after Belgian GP incident with Lewis Hamilton 5
- Will Power once again in position for IndyCar title – but this time feels different 1