May 24, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
NBCSN’s Steve Matchett explains the drag reduction system used in Formula One racing. Matchett says the “DRS” improves straight-line speed by reducing the amount of drag on the race car. It works as an important overtaking tool during races, but must be used carefully in order to truly feel the benefits.
For more 30 Seconds to Know videos, click here.
- One spectator killed, others injured, at VLN Endurance event in Germany 0
- Hamilton delighted after claiming 40th career pole (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton tames wet conditions to grab pole in Malaysia 0
- Rosberg closes out Malaysian GP practice fastest 0
- NHRA: Rain washes out Friday’s first two rounds of qualifying four 4-Wide Nationals 2
- The Equalization Conundrum: Should F1 put sport to one side in favor of ‘the show’? 5
- Practice setbacks leave Hamilton “quite a bit off” in Malaysia (VIDEO) 2