May 24, 2014, 12:15 PM EST
NBCSN’s Steve Matchett explains the drag reduction system used in Formula One racing. Matchett says the “DRS” improves straight-line speed by reducing the amount of drag on the race car. It works as an important overtaking tool during races, but must be used carefully in order to truly feel the benefits.
For more 30 Seconds to Know videos, click here.
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 2
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0