May 24, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
NBCSN’s Steve Matchett explains the drag reduction system used in Formula One racing. Matchett says the “DRS” improves straight-line speed by reducing the amount of drag on the race car. It works as an important overtaking tool during races, but must be used carefully in order to truly feel the benefits.
For more 30 Seconds to Know videos, click here.
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2
- VIDEO: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show, talks about F1 in the U.S. 2
- Tune-In: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show (PHOTOS) 1
- Different agendas for Jeff Gordon, Dale Jr. at Homestead test 1
- NBC, NBCSN set for mega U.S. Grand Prix weekend of coverage from Austin 2
- Lewis Hamilton to join TODAY Show on Wednesday 0