May 24, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
NBCSN’s Steve Matchett explains the drag reduction system used in Formula One racing. Matchett says the “DRS” improves straight-line speed by reducing the amount of drag on the race car. It works as an important overtaking tool during races, but must be used carefully in order to truly feel the benefits.
For more 30 Seconds to Know videos, click here.
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA has the latest on Tony Stewart saga at 5 p.m. ET 0
- IndyCar’s Mikhail Aleshin released from Indianapolis hospital 0
- DA will submit evidence from Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. case to grand jury 12
- Renault’s Taffin: Fuel consumption could well be an issue in Singapore 1
- Jeff Gordon makes strong ‘Drive For Five’ start, also has high praise for Kyle Larson in Chase opener 2
- Keselowski surges between Harvick, Larson to win Chase opener at Chicagoland 0
- For 16 Sprint Cup drivers, the time is here: ready, set, Chase 0