May 24, 2014, 11:23 AM EDT
Carl Edwards was the fastest in Saturday’s next-to-last practice session for Sunday night’s Coca-Cola 600.
Edwards’ fast lap of 192.802 mph topped the speed charts, followed by AJ Allmendinger (192.383 mph).
Jeff Gordon ran an abbreviated session due to back spasms, covering just 11 laps but recording the sixth-fastest lap at 191.659 mph.
Other performances of note:
* Dale Earnhardt Jr. was 15th-fastest at 190.712 mph.
* Kurt Busch, who is the first driver to attempt the Double – racing in Sunday’s Indianapolis 500 and the evening’s Coca-Cola 600 – was 26th-fastest at 189.394 mph.
* The slowest driver was Blake Koch at 181.366 mph.
The final Happy Hour practice takes place at 1 p.m. ET Saturday afternoon.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- IndyCar beats the rain, Castroneves, Penske beats the field in Barber qualifying (VIDEO) 0
- WSR: Rowland wins Formula Renault 3.5 season-opener at Motorland Aragon 0
- Preview: Barber marks end of IndyCar’s first quarter of 2015 (VIDEO) 0
- Ryan Hunter-Reay looks to right 2015 season by completing winning trilogy at Barber Motorsports Park 0
- As GP2 turns 10 years old, where is the Class of ’05 now? 0
- Here’s your IndyCar times for this weekend’s Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama 0
- F1: Year-on-year, Ferrari’s gains, Mercedes’ continued edge reins after four races 1