May 24, 2014, 11:23 AM EDT
Carl Edwards was the fastest in Saturday’s next-to-last practice session for Sunday night’s Coca-Cola 600.
Edwards’ fast lap of 192.802 mph topped the speed charts, followed by AJ Allmendinger (192.383 mph).
Jeff Gordon ran an abbreviated session due to back spasms, covering just 11 laps but recording the sixth-fastest lap at 191.659 mph.
Other performances of note:
* Dale Earnhardt Jr. was 15th-fastest at 190.712 mph.
* Kurt Busch, who is the first driver to attempt the Double – racing in Sunday’s Indianapolis 500 and the evening’s Coca-Cola 600 – was 26th-fastest at 189.394 mph.
* The slowest driver was Blake Koch at 181.366 mph.
The final Happy Hour practice takes place at 1 p.m. ET Saturday afternoon.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- COTA: A circuit to behold from the passenger’s seat 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Team Penske pushing for incredible season (VIDEO) 0
- Lotterer: “F1 (racing) isn’t what it used to be anymore” 0
- Joey Logano avoids “yellow fever,” wins at N.H. to advance in Chase 3
- Wreck involves several Chase drivers; Keselowski spins, suffers minor damage 1
- Rosberg reflects on a tough day in Singapore (VIDEO) 2
- Reports: 2015 Sprint Cup rules package expected to be released on Tuesday 2