May 24, 2014, 11:23 AM EDT
Carl Edwards was the fastest in Saturday’s next-to-last practice session for Sunday night’s Coca-Cola 600.
Edwards’ fast lap of 192.802 mph topped the speed charts, followed by AJ Allmendinger (192.383 mph).
Jeff Gordon ran an abbreviated session due to back spasms, covering just 11 laps but recording the sixth-fastest lap at 191.659 mph.
Other performances of note:
* Dale Earnhardt Jr. was 15th-fastest at 190.712 mph.
* Kurt Busch, who is the first driver to attempt the Double – racing in Sunday’s Indianapolis 500 and the evening’s Coca-Cola 600 – was 26th-fastest at 189.394 mph.
* The slowest driver was Blake Koch at 181.366 mph.
The final Happy Hour practice takes place at 1 p.m. ET Saturday afternoon.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Ten with Townsend: Red Bull GRC 4 races in, post-MCAS New River 0
- Smiling Through the Rain: Silverstone proved that it isn’t all doom and gloom in F1 0
- NHRA: Anderson wins 4th of ’15, Stoffer over Sampey in 3rd all-female final in NHRA history; Kalitta, Beckman also win 1
- Ken Block seizes opportunity, wins Red Bull GRC at MCAS New River 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: British Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 0
- Emotional Hamilton tears up on last lap of British GP, thanks fans for support en route to win 1
- Hamilton weathers the storm to claim third British GP victory at Silverstone 2