May 24, 2014, 12:14 PM EST
Kyle Busch took his car from the body shop to the top of the speed charts, qualifying No. 1 for Saturday afternoon’s History 300 NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Busch wrecked the car during practice Thursday. According to a report on ESPN, per NASCAR rules, a team is allowed to take a damaged car off-site to repair it, and that’s what Busch’s team apparently did, taking it back to Joe Gibbs Racing’s headquarters in suburban Huntersville, N.C.
The car came back seemingly better than the original, as Busch made it look easy with a best lap of 183.094 mph.
Just like he’ll start in Sunday’s Coca-Cola 600 Sprint Cup race, Brad Keselowski earned the outside pole in NNS qualifying with a speed of 182.655 mph.
Here’s the starting grid for Saturday afternoon’s History 300, with the green flag set to fall at 2:45 pm ET:
Row 1 Kyle Busch, Brad Keselowski
Row 2 Kyle Larson, Dylan Kwasniewski
Row 3 Kevin Harvick, Brian Scott
Row 4 Matt Kenseth, Regan Smith
Row 5 Chase Elliott, Elliott Sadler
Row 8 James Bueschder, Trevor Bayne
Row 15 Jeffrey Earnhardt, Kyle Fowler
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Hamilton fastest as Mercedes impresses again on day three 0
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 3
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3