May 24, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
Like a little kid anticipating what presents he or she will find under the tree on Christmas morning, the waiting and anticipation for the biggest day each year in motorsports is finally over.
If you’re a race fan, it doesn’t get much better than this as you’ll get more than your fill with three of the biggest races of the year on Sunday.
The day is kicked off by Formula One’s Monaco Grand Prix, followed by the Greatest Spectacle in Racing – otherwise known as the Indianapolis 500 – and then capped off in the evening with NASCAR’s longest and most grueling race of the year, the Coca-Cola 600.
Will Lewis Hamilton be able to win his fifth Monaco Grand Prix in a row?
How will Kurt Busch fare in his bid to become the first driver in a decade to attempt the proverbial “Double,” racing in the Indy 500, hopping a plane afterward and then climbing into his stock car for the Coca-Cola 600 a few hours later?
For your convenience, here’s a list of all the events you can find on NBC and NBCSN on Sunday (as well as Monday).
We hope you’ve been in training, because it’ll be a long day not only for the drivers, but also for you and your fellow fans. Enjoy!
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 1
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 8
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1