May 24, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Sebastian Vettel has spoken about his happiness with qualifying in fourth place for tomorrow’s Monaco Grand Prix after suffering a problem with his ERS system earlier in the day. Speaking to NBCSN’s Will Buxton, the defending world champion underlined the need to keep pushing and trying to cut the gap to Mercedes, who once again duly locked out the front row in qualifying.
Vettel was also outqualified by teammate Daniel Ricciardo for the fifth time this season. However, the team will be hoping that the intra-team battle that is brewing at Mercedes could boil over in the race and hand the team a possible shot at victory.
- Derrick Walker reflects on IndyCar tenure and future 0
- Social Roundup: IndyCar season-ending banquet 0
- Scott Dixon awarded $1 million for fourth championship at IndyCar banquet 1
- Hulkenberg extends contract with Force India for two more years 1
- Ten with Townsend: Sonoma and 2015 IndyCar debrief 1
- Dixon’s latest title a story of consistency, comeback, typical “Ice Man” cool 0
- Double points reverse Montoya’s IndyCar championship hopes (VIDEO) 17