May 24, 2014, 11:15 AM EST
Sebastian Vettel has spoken about his happiness with qualifying in fourth place for tomorrow’s Monaco Grand Prix after suffering a problem with his ERS system earlier in the day. Speaking to NBCSN’s Will Buxton, the defending world champion underlined the need to keep pushing and trying to cut the gap to Mercedes, who once again duly locked out the front row in qualifying.
Vettel was also outqualified by teammate Daniel Ricciardo for the fifth time this season. However, the team will be hoping that the intra-team battle that is brewing at Mercedes could boil over in the race and hand the team a possible shot at victory.
- F1 2014 Review: Stories of the Season 0
- Toro Rosso confirms Carlos Sainz Jr. for 2015 F1 season 1
- F1 2014 Driver Review: Lewis Hamilton 0
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 12
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 3