May 24, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Sebastian Vettel has spoken about his happiness with qualifying in fourth place for tomorrow’s Monaco Grand Prix after suffering a problem with his ERS system earlier in the day. Speaking to NBCSN’s Will Buxton, the defending world champion underlined the need to keep pushing and trying to cut the gap to Mercedes, who once again duly locked out the front row in qualifying.
Vettel was also outqualified by teammate Daniel Ricciardo for the fifth time this season. However, the team will be hoping that the intra-team battle that is brewing at Mercedes could boil over in the race and hand the team a possible shot at victory.
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach and Barber debrief 0
- NHRA: Capps storms to 2nd win of season, Funny Car points lead 1
- Relief, gratitude define the day where Newgarden finally gets first win (VIDEO) 1
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 2
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber 12
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0