May 24, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Sebastian Vettel has spoken about his happiness with qualifying in fourth place for tomorrow’s Monaco Grand Prix after suffering a problem with his ERS system earlier in the day. Speaking to NBCSN’s Will Buxton, the defending world champion underlined the need to keep pushing and trying to cut the gap to Mercedes, who once again duly locked out the front row in qualifying.
Vettel was also outqualified by teammate Daniel Ricciardo for the fifth time this season. However, the team will be hoping that the intra-team battle that is brewing at Mercedes could boil over in the race and hand the team a possible shot at victory.
- What might happen to Tony Stewart when District Attorney’s review of Kevin Ward Jr. case is completed? 4
- Jeff Gordon makes strong ‘Drive For Five’ start, also has high praise for Kyle Larson in Chase opener 2
- Keselowski surges between Harvick, Larson to win Chase opener at Chicagoland 0
- For 16 Sprint Cup drivers, the time is here: ready, set, Chase 0
- Kyle Busch starts Truck race ticked-off, only to end up in victory lane at Chicagoland 1
- Joey Logano: ‘We’re ready’ to win Sprint Cup championship 1
- Kyle Busch ready to claim his ‘second’ Sprint Cup championship 2