May 24, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Sebastian Vettel has spoken about his happiness with qualifying in fourth place for tomorrow’s Monaco Grand Prix after suffering a problem with his ERS system earlier in the day. Speaking to NBCSN’s Will Buxton, the defending world champion underlined the need to keep pushing and trying to cut the gap to Mercedes, who once again duly locked out the front row in qualifying.
Vettel was also outqualified by teammate Daniel Ricciardo for the fifth time this season. However, the team will be hoping that the intra-team battle that is brewing at Mercedes could boil over in the race and hand the team a possible shot at victory.
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 0
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 3
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 14
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2