May 24, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
One day before they strap themselves in for battle at the Indianapolis 500, the 33 drivers in this year’s field will soak in the cheers from the community in the IPL 500 Festival Parade through downtown Indy.
You can watch the parade today at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN, but if you can’t be near a TV, you can CLICK HERE to watch it on your online or mobile device with NBC Sports Live Extra.
Also, Jim Nabors will serve as Honorary Grand Marshal before he sings ‘Back Home Again in Indiana’ for the final time on Sunday leading up to the race.
Surely, they’ll receive just as much love from the crowd as the ‘500’ drivers, led by pole sitter and Indy resident Ed Carpenter.
The parade has been around since 1957 and annually draws 300,000 spectators to the city. Expect to see lots of celebrities and, of course, an array of colorful and whimsical floats.
CLICK HERE at 5 p.m. ET to experience one of the Month of May’s signature events.
- NHRA: All you need to know about the 61st U.S. Nationals 0
- NHRA: Year’s biggest race, the U.S. Nationals, ready to roll 0
- F1 2015’s silly season is proving to be a let down, but who could yet spice it up? 3
- 2015 Italian Grand Prix Preview 0
- James Hinchcliffe on the comeback trail for IndyCar driving return 1
- Bottas and Massa to remain with Williams for 2016 1
- Here are your TV times for this weekend’s Italian Grand Prix on NBCSN, Live Extra 0