May 24, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
One day before they strap themselves in for battle at the Indianapolis 500, the 33 drivers in this year’s field will soak in the cheers from the community in the IPL 500 Festival Parade through downtown Indy.
You can watch the parade today at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN, but if you can’t be near a TV, you can CLICK HERE to watch it on your online or mobile device with NBC Sports Live Extra.
Also, Jim Nabors will serve as Honorary Grand Marshal before he sings ‘Back Home Again in Indiana’ for the final time on Sunday leading up to the race.
Surely, they’ll receive just as much love from the crowd as the ’500′ drivers, led by pole sitter and Indy resident Ed Carpenter.
The parade has been around since 1957 and annually draws 300,000 spectators to the city. Expect to see lots of celebrities and, of course, an array of colorful and whimsical floats.
CLICK HERE at 5 p.m. ET to experience one of the Month of May’s signature events.
- Report: Toto Wolff speaks out against F1′s double points finale 5
- IndyCar: Toronto weekend analysis, musings and observations 0
- NASCAR’s Brian France on RTA’s formation: “We didn’t think it was necessary” 13
- Eldora and Indy putting a lot on Tony Stewart’s plate 0
- Todd Gilliland, 14, outdistances father David, grandfather Butch in first time they’ve all raced together 0