May 24, 2014, 7:45 AM EDT
Lewis Hamilton has set the pace so far this weekend in Monaco, but after coming under pressure from teammate Nico Rosberg and the two Red Bull drivers, he knows that securing his first ever pole around these streets will be all important.
You can watch qualifying live on NBCSN from 8am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
The Briton won the race back in 2008, but did so in wet conditions from third place on the grid. Since then, he has failed to finish on the podium despite seeing the checkered flag in every race.
Thanks to the pace of the W05 Hybrid car, this weekend may be Hamilton’s best ever opportunity to secure pole at Monaco, but he will have to be careful to see off rival and teammate Nico Rosberg. The Briton has begun to wage a war of words with Rosberg, saying earlier this week that he has doubts about his hunger to win. We might just see that hunger today.
However, Red Bull is also looking to throw its hat into the ring during qualifying. Daniel Ricciardo and Sebastian Vettel have been a good deal closer to Mercedes so far this weekend, meaning that both Hamilton and Rosberg cannot afford to make any mistakes this time around.
It’s the most important qualifying session of the season, as overtaking during the race comes at a premium. Who will win the fight for pole and seriously improve their chances of being victorious on Sunday?
You can find out by watching live on NBCSN from 8am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
- Dixon quickest with unofficial lap record in final practice at Mid-Ohio 0
- Dixon fastest on Friday at Mid-Ohio 1
- Hinchcliffe undergoes final surgery, now “can’t wait to be strapping back in” 2
- With 2016 plans undetermined, Newgarden focused on finishing 2015 strong 1
- Racing, music blend as Umphrey’s McGee partners with GTSport Racing for rest of 2015 PWC season 1
- Exploring what’s next for Derrick Walker as he announces he’s leaving IndyCar 0
- INDYCAR announces Derrick Walker has resigned from series 9