May 24, 2014, 1:21 PM EDT
The day motocross fans have been eagerly anticipating is here – the season-opening Red Bull Glen Helen National is underway.
Riders are hitting the track now for the second practice session of the morning, and their top lap times will determine who ultimately qualifies for the 40-man field and also the order of their gate picks for the first motos of the day in both the 450 Class and the 250 Class.
Click here to watch the live stream of 450MX and 250MX practice starting at 1:20pm ET.
Showing why he’s considered the early title favorite in the 450 Class, Ryan Dungey turned the fastest lap of the first practice session earlier this morning – a full half-second ahead of the rest of the field. Stewart currently holds the second-fastest lap but will get another chance to improve his time during the second session.
In the 250 Class, France’s Christophe Pourcel currently leads the way after the first of their two practice sessions.
Following the conclusion of practice, coverage will resume this afternoon with the exclusive online pre-show at 3:00pm ET, followed by all four motos streaming live starting at 4:00pm ET.
- Report: Deal for Marcos Ambrose’ return to Australia to race V8 Supercars for Roger Penske may be close 5
- MotorSportsTalk’s Predictions: Hungarian GP 0
- Alexander Rossi joins Marussia as reserve driver 2
- 2014 Hungarian Grand Prix Preview 3
- Bubba Wallace dominates to win MudSummer Classic at Eldora (updated) 3