May 24, 2014, 1:21 PM EDT
The day motocross fans have been eagerly anticipating is here – the season-opening Red Bull Glen Helen National is underway.
Riders are hitting the track now for the second practice session of the morning, and their top lap times will determine who ultimately qualifies for the 40-man field and also the order of their gate picks for the first motos of the day in both the 450 Class and the 250 Class.
Click here to watch the live stream of 450MX and 250MX practice starting at 1:20pm ET.
Showing why he’s considered the early title favorite in the 450 Class, Ryan Dungey turned the fastest lap of the first practice session earlier this morning – a full half-second ahead of the rest of the field. Stewart currently holds the second-fastest lap but will get another chance to improve his time during the second session.
In the 250 Class, France’s Christophe Pourcel currently leads the way after the first of their two practice sessions.
Following the conclusion of practice, coverage will resume this afternoon with the exclusive online pre-show at 3:00pm ET, followed by all four motos streaming live starting at 4:00pm ET.
- Ten with Townsend: Red Bull GRC 4 races in, post-MCAS New River 0
- Smiling Through the Rain: Silverstone proved that it isn’t all doom and gloom in F1 0
- NHRA: Anderson wins 4th of ’15, Stoffer over Sampey in 3rd all-female final in NHRA history; Kalitta, Beckman also win 1
- Ken Block seizes opportunity, wins Red Bull GRC at MCAS New River 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: British Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 0
- Emotional Hamilton tears up on last lap of British GP, thanks fans for support en route to win 1
- Hamilton weathers the storm to claim third British GP victory at Silverstone 2