May 25, 2014, 10:25 AM EST
Two Indianapolis 500 fans are injured following a robbery and shooting inside the same parking lot near the Indianapolis Motor Speedway where a man was killed on Saturday.
According to a lieutenant with the Speedway (Ind.) Police Department, multiple people approached two men inside the Coke Lot earlier this morning, and one man was beaten and had his personal items stolen.
Police reported that the second man then attempted to chase the fleeing suspects before he was shot.
The shooting victim was taken to Eskanazi Hospital in Indianapolis and is in critical condition per the Indianapolis Star. The robbery victim was also taken to the hospital for treatment.
Shortly after 2 a.m. ET on Saturday morning, 25-year-old Max Levine of Kokomo, Indiana was found dead with gunshot wounds in the Coke Lot. 19-year-old Avory Johnson of Indianapolis has been arrested and given a preliminary charge of murder.
IMS has released a statement that said the track was cooperating with the police’s investigation. Levine leaves behind a three-year-old daughter.
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari on day one of Jerez test 2
- Red Bull RB11 launched in camouflage testing livery 1
- Jimmie Johnson likes new Chase format, but misses the one that brought him six championships 4
- Toro Rosso reveals STR10 ahead of Jerez test 1
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0