May 26, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
This weekend is the grandest on the motorsports world stage, and NASCAR AMERICA wrapped it up on Monday.
First up, Carolyn Manno and Kyle Petty discuss Kurt Busch‘s trouble in the Coca-Cola 600 as he was unable to complete the race, but did take sixth in the Indy 500. For Busch, he was the first driver to attempt to do the Memorial Day Double in 10 years, since Robby Gordon in 2004.
Then, Manno and Petty discuss Jimmie Johnson‘s fourth win at the Coca-Cola 600 and how important it was for him to get his first win of the season. With the win, Johnson is the 10th different driver to score a victory in 2014.
- Gossage to Walker: “We need a more competitive race this year than last year” 2
- Volkswagen Andretti pair of Foust, Speed seek better fortunes, consistency 0
- Hinchcliffe released from hospital, expected to make full recovery (VIDEO) 5
- Fast Facts: Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit 0
- Drivers ponder why cars didn’t go airborne during the Indianapolis 500 5
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1