May 27, 2014, 1:05 PM EDT
Coming off NASCAR’s longest race of the season, many Sprint Cup teams are back at work today and tomorrow with testing at various circuits.
Dustin Long of Motor Racing Network reports that almost a dozen drivers have set up shop at the 2.5-mile Pocono Raceway, which will host the Sprint Cup series in two weeks and again in August in the final run of races before the Chase.
As for Richard Petty Motorsports’ duo of Aric Almirola and Marcos Ambrose, they’ve made their way to Michigan International Speedway. Apparently, they had an early wake-up call as Ambrose was getting in a few more Z’s in the car ride to the track.
BK Racing is also running at VIR today, and one of its rookies, Ryan Truex, tweeted a selfie from the cockpit before he presumably headed out for a run.
Then there’s Road Atlanta, which is playing host to multiple drivers as well per PRN Radio’s Mark Garrow:
So, did you get all of that? If not, Brad Keselowski (one of the drivers at Road Atlanta) has a word of advice.
Video from NASCAR America
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 8
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 8
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1