May 27, 2014, 1:05 PM EDT
Coming off NASCAR’s longest race of the season, many Sprint Cup teams are back at work today and tomorrow with testing at various circuits.
Dustin Long of Motor Racing Network reports that almost a dozen drivers have set up shop at the 2.5-mile Pocono Raceway, which will host the Sprint Cup series in two weeks and again in August in the final run of races before the Chase.
As for Richard Petty Motorsports’ duo of Aric Almirola and Marcos Ambrose, they’ve made their way to Michigan International Speedway. Apparently, they had an early wake-up call as Ambrose was getting in a few more Z’s in the car ride to the track.
BK Racing is also running at VIR today, and one of its rookies, Ryan Truex, tweeted a selfie from the cockpit before he presumably headed out for a run.
Then there’s Road Atlanta, which is playing host to multiple drivers as well per PRN Radio’s Mark Garrow:
So, did you get all of that? If not, Brad Keselowski (one of the drivers at Road Atlanta) has a word of advice.
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach and Barber debrief 1
- NHRA: Capps storms to 2nd win of season, Funny Car points lead 1
- Relief, gratitude define the day where Newgarden finally gets first win (VIDEO) 1
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 2
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber 15
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0