May 27, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
Since 2012, Framestore Animation and McLaren have collaborated on the animated web-show “Tooned,” a humorous look at one of Formula One’s most successful franchises.
An official Season 3 is set to begin soon, but in the meantime, there’s this to chuckle over: The first of a three-part series from McLaren and sponsor Mobil 1 dubbed “Oil: An Odyssey.”
Like the last “Tooned”/Mobil series, NASCAR star Tony Stewart joins the fun as he, along with McLaren’s ex-World Champion Jenson Button and newcomer Kevin Magnussen, learn about motor oil (natch) from Professor M, played by British comedian Alexander Armstrong.
There are a few good bits in here, including a nod to Stewart’s “soda cookies” spot from last summer. But my favorite’s probably Magnussen telling Button and Stewart to pipe down in his native Danish so he can hear the Professor’s lesson.
That triggers English subtitles at the bottom of the screen and a few seconds later, Stewart trips over them, leaving letters and words scattered on the floor.
“Never did like subtitles,” mutters ‘Smoke.’
You can check out the full clip at the top.
- Manor passes final crash tests ahead of Australian GP 1
- WATCH: Mercedes F1: Road to Repeat at 8 p.m. ET highlights F1 block on NBCSN 0
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 2
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 3
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1