May 27, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Since 2012, Framestore Animation and McLaren have collaborated on the animated web-show “Tooned,” a humorous look at one of Formula One’s most successful franchises.
An official Season 3 is set to begin soon, but in the meantime, there’s this to chuckle over: The first of a three-part series from McLaren and sponsor Mobil 1 dubbed “Oil: An Odyssey.”
Like the last “Tooned”/Mobil series, NASCAR star Tony Stewart joins the fun as he, along with McLaren’s ex-World Champion Jenson Button and newcomer Kevin Magnussen, learn about motor oil (natch) from Professor M, played by British comedian Alexander Armstrong.
There are a few good bits in here, including a nod to Stewart’s “soda cookies” spot from last summer. But my favorite’s probably Magnussen telling Button and Stewart to pipe down in his native Danish so he can hear the Professor’s lesson.
That triggers English subtitles at the bottom of the screen and a few seconds later, Stewart trips over them, leaving letters and words scattered on the floor.
“Never did like subtitles,” mutters ‘Smoke.’
You can check out the full clip at the top.
- CFH Racing looks to turn things around once again at Milwaukee 0
- Welcome back, Wilson: Englishman back with Andretti for rest of 2015 1
- DiZinno: Daytona fence crash ripple effect could extend to other motorsports 8
- Ten with Townsend: Red Bull GRC 4 races in, post-MCAS New River 0
- Smiling Through the Rain: Silverstone proved that it isn’t all doom and gloom in F1 2
- NHRA: Anderson wins 4th of ’15, Stoffer over Sampey in 3rd all-female final in NHRA history; Kalitta, Beckman also win 2
- Ken Block seizes opportunity, wins Red Bull GRC at MCAS New River 0