May 27, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Since 2012, Framestore Animation and McLaren have collaborated on the animated web-show “Tooned,” a humorous look at one of Formula One’s most successful franchises.
An official Season 3 is set to begin soon, but in the meantime, there’s this to chuckle over: The first of a three-part series from McLaren and sponsor Mobil 1 dubbed “Oil: An Odyssey.”
Like the last “Tooned”/Mobil series, NASCAR star Tony Stewart joins the fun as he, along with McLaren’s ex-World Champion Jenson Button and newcomer Kevin Magnussen, learn about motor oil (natch) from Professor M, played by British comedian Alexander Armstrong.
There are a few good bits in here, including a nod to Stewart’s “soda cookies” spot from last summer. But my favorite’s probably Magnussen telling Button and Stewart to pipe down in his native Danish so he can hear the Professor’s lesson.
That triggers English subtitles at the bottom of the screen and a few seconds later, Stewart trips over them, leaving letters and words scattered on the floor.
“Never did like subtitles,” mutters ‘Smoke.’
You can check out the full clip at the top.
- Now IndyCar’s champion, Will Power’s mindset hasn’t changed heading into 2015 0
- Alonso moves to clear up testing crash conspiracy theories 1
- NHRA Funny Car driver Cruz Pedregon trades seats for a day with NASCAR counterpart Joey Logano 2
- Can IndyCar’s next generation take it to the established veterans? 1
- Fernando Alonso talks return in Malaysian GP 2
- Nowhere to go but up for Lotus at Malaysia GP 3
- Malaysian Grand Prix highlights NBCSN’s weekend of motors coverage 0