May 27, 2014, 7:43 PM EDT
Tomy Drissi and Sebastian Asch will share the No. 18 Muehlner Motorsports America Porsche 911 GT America at this weekend’s TUDOR United SportsCar Championship race in Detroit in the GT Daytona class.
Drissi Motorsports is pleased to partner with MMA by bringing sponsorship backing from Sony Pictures Entertainment and “22 Jump Street,” which will adorn the car.
“22 Jump Street” is set to release on June 13, 2014. The cast includes many notable actors, including Dave Franco, Channing Tatum, and Jonah Hill. It is about officers Schmidt (Hill) and Jenko (Tatum), who go undercover at a local college after making their way through high school, twice. They encounter many different experiences throughout their time in college, which will cause them to take a look at the partnership they have with one another.
Drissi was on target for a top-seven result in Rolex Series GT last year before contact from a DP took them out of contention.
“It is great being back with this team,” said Drissi. “MMA has big hearts and great goals. Detroit is an awesome track and it is going to be a street fight that I am ready for. The drivers have to work with each other and communicate well, so it’s a give and take. However, at the same time you have to be aggressive. It is so cool to have Sony Pictures Entertainment and ‘22 Jump Street’ supporting us. I can’t thank them enough.”
The team’s second car, the No. 19, is listed with two drivers TBA. It’s unsure whether that car will actually race this weekend.
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 0
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 4
- Ten with Townsend: Milwaukee and Iowa debrief 0
- For Dixon, it’s likely Mid-Ohio or bust in terms of 2015 IndyCar title hopes 0
- Race Recap: Vettel draws level with Senna on all-time win list with victory in Hungary 3
- NHRA Mile-High Nationals winners: Torrence, Beckman, Morgan, Krawiec 2
- F1 grid unites to pay tribute to Jules Bianchi (VIDEO) 1