May 27, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Jimmie Johnson may have become the 10th competitor on the Chase Grid after winning the Coca-Cola 600, but Hendrick Motorsports teammate Jeff Gordon continues to run strong at the top of the Sprint Cup standings.
Gordon, who himself made the Chase Grid by winning at Kansas, finished seventh on Sunday in the 600. It marked his fifth Top-10 finish in the last six races.
But while Gordon is leading the championship, others such as Kyle Larson, Austin Dillon, Paul Menard, and Tony Stewart are still trying to have their own breakthrough that will put them in the post-season.
NASCAR AMERICA’s Kyle Petty looked at all of their chances in today’s episode, and you can watch the clip above.
Another episode will come at you tomorrow at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN, but you can look through past clips on the show’s archive page.
Video from NASCAR America
- After 62 starts, Brad Keselowski finally earns first career Trucks win at Bristol 0
- F1, IndyCar, Red Bull GRC highlight jam-packed motorsports weekend on networks of NBC 0
- Alexander Rossi to make F1 debut in Belgium, replaces Chilton 5
- It’s official: Tony Stewart to miss Bristol race, Jeff Burton to once again drive No. 14 5
- When — or will — Tony Stewart ever race again? 15
- Andre Lotterer confirmed for Caterham debut at Spa 6
- NASCAR: Joe Gibbs hopeful for eventual return of Tony Stewart 12