May 27, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
Jimmie Johnson may have become the 10th competitor on the Chase Grid after winning the Coca-Cola 600, but Hendrick Motorsports teammate Jeff Gordon continues to run strong at the top of the Sprint Cup standings.
Gordon, who himself made the Chase Grid by winning at Kansas, finished seventh on Sunday in the 600. It marked his fifth Top-10 finish in the last six races.
But while Gordon is leading the championship, others such as Kyle Larson, Austin Dillon, Paul Menard, and Tony Stewart are still trying to have their own breakthrough that will put them in the post-season.
NASCAR AMERICA’s Kyle Petty looked at all of their chances in today’s episode, and you can watch the clip above.
Another episode will come at you tomorrow at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN, but you can look through past clips on the show’s archive page.
Video from NASCAR America
- Track executive arrested, charged with lewdness with 19-year-old 0
- Why Hendrick won’t retire the No. 24 2
- Brasilia IndyCar race is canceled 3
- Rick Hendrick: No pressure on Jeff Gordon in final season, he just has to win 14 races and championship 4
- Column: Chase Elliott’s promotion perfectly timed for NASCAR 9
- Chase Elliott will replace Jeff Gordon as No. 24 driver next season 5
- Truex’s girlfriend passes milestone in cancer recovery 0