May 27, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Jimmie Johnson may have become the 10th competitor on the Chase Grid after winning the Coca-Cola 600, but Hendrick Motorsports teammate Jeff Gordon continues to run strong at the top of the Sprint Cup standings.
Gordon, who himself made the Chase Grid by winning at Kansas, finished seventh on Sunday in the 600. It marked his fifth Top-10 finish in the last six races.
But while Gordon is leading the championship, others such as Kyle Larson, Austin Dillon, Paul Menard, and Tony Stewart are still trying to have their own breakthrough that will put them in the post-season.
NASCAR AMERICA’s Kyle Petty looked at all of their chances in today’s episode, and you can watch the clip above.
Another episode will come at you tomorrow at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN, but you can look through past clips on the show’s archive page.
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 0
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 0
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 3
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 13
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 10