May 27, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Jimmie Johnson may have become the 10th competitor on the Chase Grid after winning the Coca-Cola 600, but Hendrick Motorsports teammate Jeff Gordon continues to run strong at the top of the Sprint Cup standings.
Gordon, who himself made the Chase Grid by winning at Kansas, finished seventh on Sunday in the 600. It marked his fifth Top-10 finish in the last six races.
But while Gordon is leading the championship, others such as Kyle Larson, Austin Dillon, Paul Menard, and Tony Stewart are still trying to have their own breakthrough that will put them in the post-season.
NASCAR AMERICA’s Kyle Petty looked at all of their chances in today’s episode, and you can watch the clip above.
Another episode will come at you tomorrow at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN, but you can look through past clips on the show’s archive page.
- Watkins Glen, Baltimore stand out for Stefan Wilson’s favorite race memories of brother Justin 1
- Report: Derrick Walker reflects on IndyCar tenure and future 0
- Scott Dixon awarded $1 million for fourth championship at IndyCar banquet 1
- Hulkenberg extends contract with Force India for two more years 1
- Ten with Townsend: Sonoma and 2015 IndyCar debrief 2
- Dixon’s latest title a story of consistency, comeback, typical “Ice Man” cool 1
- Double points reverse Montoya’s IndyCar championship hopes (VIDEO) 18