May 27, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Jimmie Johnson may have become the 10th competitor on the Chase Grid after winning the Coca-Cola 600, but Hendrick Motorsports teammate Jeff Gordon continues to run strong at the top of the Sprint Cup standings.
Gordon, who himself made the Chase Grid by winning at Kansas, finished seventh on Sunday in the 600. It marked his fifth Top-10 finish in the last six races.
But while Gordon is leading the championship, others such as Kyle Larson, Austin Dillon, Paul Menard, and Tony Stewart are still trying to have their own breakthrough that will put them in the post-season.
NASCAR AMERICA’s Kyle Petty looked at all of their chances in today’s episode, and you can watch the clip above.
Another episode will come at you tomorrow at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN, but you can look through past clips on the show’s archive page.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 0
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 1
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 4
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 2
- Tony Stewart the obvious fan favorite during pre-race introductions at Atlanta 3