Conor Daly gives mom belated Mother’s Day present: Leisurely 180 mph ride around Indianapolis Motor Speedway
May 28, 2014, 4:09 PM EDT
When your son is a well-known IndyCar driver and your husband is president of the most famous racetrack in the world, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway can become your personal playground.
Such is the case of Beth Boles, mother of Conor Daly and wife of IMS president Doug Boles.
According to a report from Indianapolis TV station WTHR and WTHR.com, Daly gave Beth Boles a belated Mother’s Day present with the gift of a lifetime: several laps — at speed, no less — around the fabled Brickyard in the backseat of a bonafide IndyCar.
While some mothers might scream as if they’re riding on a roller coaster, Beth Boles is an adrenaline junkie and loved every second of her three-lap jaunt around IMS at a top speed of about 180 mph.
“She’s an adrenaline junkie, so I think she’ll enjoy it. She doesn’t get scared easily, so I think that’ll be good,” Daly, 22, told WTHR before he and mom climbed behind the wheel.
When her ride with Conor was over, she wanted to do it again and again and again.
“That was amazing! Fire it up! Let’s go some more,” Boles said.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- NASCAR’s Brian France on RTA’s formation: “We didn’t think it was necessary” 6
- Eldora and Indy putting a lot on Tony Stewart’s plate 0
- Todd Gilliland, 14, outdistances father David, grandfather Butch in first time they’ve all raced together 0
- Conway bags second Toronto win thanks to pit gamble, great restart (VIDEO) 4
- German GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1