Conor Daly gives mom belated Mother’s Day present: Leisurely 180 mph ride around Indianapolis Motor Speedway
May 28, 2014, 4:09 PM EDT
When your son is a well-known IndyCar driver and your husband is president of the most famous racetrack in the world, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway can become your personal playground.
Such is the case of Beth Boles, mother of Conor Daly and wife of IMS president Doug Boles.
According to a report from Indianapolis TV station WTHR and WTHR.com, Daly gave Beth Boles a belated Mother’s Day present with the gift of a lifetime: several laps — at speed, no less — around the fabled Brickyard in the backseat of a bonafide IndyCar.
While some mothers might scream as if they’re riding on a roller coaster, Beth Boles is an adrenaline junkie and loved every second of her three-lap jaunt around IMS at a top speed of about 180 mph.
“She’s an adrenaline junkie, so I think she’ll enjoy it. She doesn’t get scared easily, so I think that’ll be good,” Daly, 22, told WTHR before he and mom climbed behind the wheel.
When her ride with Conor was over, she wanted to do it again and again and again.
“That was amazing! Fire it up! Let’s go some more,” Boles said.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 14
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 5
- Open letter from Kevin Ward Jr.’s aunt questions Tony Stewart, evidence of marijuana in nephew’s system 47
- Kyle Busch outduels Joey Logano for Nationwide win in Dover 2