May 28, 2014, 2:31 PM EDT
It’s been three days and one of the most haunting IndyCar videos we’ve ever seen is, well, still haunting us.
IndyCar driver Josef Newgarden was part of a pre-race promotional video about the Indianapolis 500 that focused on one of the Greatest Spectacle In Racing’s greatest traditions: the celebratory swig of milk by the winner of the 500.
So far, so good.
Newgarden then takes a drink from a regular glass of milk and starts daydreaming about winning Indy.
So far, so good, again.
But that’s when things get weird – really weird.
In short order, Newgarden’s daydream promptly changes to a conglomeration nightmare of crashes, a bathtub full of milk, Indy 500 winners guzzling milk in victory lane and a woman (at least we think it is) running around in a decidedly full-rubber bondage suit (we’re still trying to figure out where that ties into the rest of the video).
Even Dale Earnhardt Jr. was left scratching his head about the video, pumping out a few tweets while watching it before going out a few hours later to race in NASCAR’s Coca-Cola 600.
About the only other kinds of videos we can even draw the slightest comparison to — and they’re all rather mundane compared to this out-there one — are Billy Joel’s “Pressure,” Queen and David Bowie’s “Under Pressure” and Quiet Riot’s “Metal Health.”
If you haven’t seen the video, unofficially nicknamed “Veins of Milk,” click on it below – if you dare.
But be forewarned, you may have night terrors and wake up drenched in a pool of sweat for the next few days.
And even if you don’t, you’ll probably never look at milk the same way again.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- NHRA: New president Peter Clifford full of ideas to get drag racing back on-track 0
- Ryan Briscoe making most of filling in for James Hinchcliffe 0
- F1 Strategy Group pushing through technical revolution for 2017, other changes planned as early as Belgian GP 3
- 2015 British Grand Prix Preview 1
- Here are your British Grand Prix air times on CNBC, NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- Miles: After “two-sided pancake” Fontana race, IndyCar may crack down against stakeholder comments 13
- IndyCar issues penalties and fines following MAVTV 500 at Fontana 5