May 29, 2014, 2:36 PM EST
Rain is postponing the first of two practice sessions Thursday for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series at Dover International Speedway.
The first session, scheduled for 60 minutes, was supposed to start at 1:30 pm ET, but Mother Nature had other ideas. NASCAR.com is reporting that Air Titans are attempting to dry the track, so it would appear the rain has stopped at least for now.
A second practice session of 90 minutes was slated to begin at 3 pm ET, but that will obviously be delayed.
The trucks are the only vehicles scheduled to take to the track Thursday as they prepare for Friday’s Lucas Oil 200 on the one-mile all-concrete racing surface. All three major pro series will be on-track Friday.
The Trucks are due to qualify Friday at 12:40 pm ET, ahead of the green flag dropping on the fifth race of the season for the series at 5:30 pm.
Kyle Busch has won three of the first four races thus far this season on the Trucks schedule and is also defending champion of Friday’s race. Matt Crafton, meanwhile, remains the points leader in the series.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Carl Edwards: “I plan on winning 10 races and the championship” 2
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 1
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 53
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1