May 29, 2014, 2:36 PM EDT
Rain is postponing the first of two practice sessions Thursday for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series at Dover International Speedway.
The first session, scheduled for 60 minutes, was supposed to start at 1:30 pm ET, but Mother Nature had other ideas. NASCAR.com is reporting that Air Titans are attempting to dry the track, so it would appear the rain has stopped at least for now.
A second practice session of 90 minutes was slated to begin at 3 pm ET, but that will obviously be delayed.
The trucks are the only vehicles scheduled to take to the track Thursday as they prepare for Friday’s Lucas Oil 200 on the one-mile all-concrete racing surface. All three major pro series will be on-track Friday.
The Trucks are due to qualify Friday at 12:40 pm ET, ahead of the green flag dropping on the fifth race of the season for the series at 5:30 pm.
Kyle Busch has won three of the first four races thus far this season on the Trucks schedule and is also defending champion of Friday’s race. Matt Crafton, meanwhile, remains the points leader in the series.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET 0
- IndyCar: A crucial weekend to commence at Mid-Ohio 0
- Mark Martin returning to Roush Fenway Racing in unique role 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Wednesday Round-Up Includes Denny Hamlin Interview (VIDEO) 3
- Greg Ives to become crew chief for Dale Earnhardt Jr. next season 12