May 29, 2014, 2:36 PM EST
Rain is postponing the first of two practice sessions Thursday for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series at Dover International Speedway.
The first session, scheduled for 60 minutes, was supposed to start at 1:30 pm ET, but Mother Nature had other ideas. NASCAR.com is reporting that Air Titans are attempting to dry the track, so it would appear the rain has stopped at least for now.
A second practice session of 90 minutes was slated to begin at 3 pm ET, but that will obviously be delayed.
The trucks are the only vehicles scheduled to take to the track Thursday as they prepare for Friday’s Lucas Oil 200 on the one-mile all-concrete racing surface. All three major pro series will be on-track Friday.
The Trucks are due to qualify Friday at 12:40 pm ET, ahead of the green flag dropping on the fifth race of the season for the series at 5:30 pm.
Kyle Busch has won three of the first four races thus far this season on the Trucks schedule and is also defending champion of Friday’s race. Matt Crafton, meanwhile, remains the points leader in the series.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR Hall of Famer Dale Jarrett to join NASCAR coverage on NBC, NBCSN 3
- F1: Lotus releases images of its new Mercedes-powered E23 2
- NASCAR Media Tour begins today, but drivers still in idle 2
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. ponders a 24-hour NASCAR race 7
- ‘Do you get mad when your boyfriend wrecks you?’ Danica Patrick faces kids’ pressing questions 5
- Jeff Gordon to serve as NASCAR TV analyst this season 19
- Ganassi’s No. 02 Riley-Ford Scores Rolex 24 Victory 3