May 30, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg have spoken today following a tenuous Monaco Grand Prix weekend, and are “still friends” despite the Briton suggesting otherwise last Sunday.
Hamilton was left frustrated when he lost out on pole position to Rosberg in controversial fashion, and was disappointed not to win the race on Sunday. Instead, he had to settle for second place behind the German.
In the post-race interviews, Hamilton stated that the two were no longer friends, but merely colleagues. Rosberg, on the other hand, said that he still considered Hamilton to be a friend.
Today, in a tweet from his official Twitter account, Lewis put out a picture of the two in their junior racing days with the caption: “We’ve been friends for a long time, and as friends we have our ups and downs. Today we spoke and we’re cool, still friends.”
— Lewis Hamilton (@LewisHamilton) May 30, 2014
After a frosty week between the two drivers, it is nice to see that they have buried the hatchet, and can now head to the Canadian Grand Prix ready to rekindle their on track battle for the 2014 drivers’ championship.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: One Sprint Cup title not enough for Brad Keselowski (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s Mikhail Aleshin released from Indianapolis hospital 0
- DA will submit evidence from Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. case to grand jury 12
- Renault’s Taffin: Fuel consumption could well be an issue in Singapore 1
- Jeff Gordon makes strong ‘Drive For Five’ start, also has high praise for Kyle Larson in Chase opener 2
- Keselowski surges between Harvick, Larson to win Chase opener at Chicagoland 0
- For 16 Sprint Cup drivers, the time is here: ready, set, Chase 0