May 30, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg have spoken today following a tenuous Monaco Grand Prix weekend, and are “still friends” despite the Briton suggesting otherwise last Sunday.
Hamilton was left frustrated when he lost out on pole position to Rosberg in controversial fashion, and was disappointed not to win the race on Sunday. Instead, he had to settle for second place behind the German.
In the post-race interviews, Hamilton stated that the two were no longer friends, but merely colleagues. Rosberg, on the other hand, said that he still considered Hamilton to be a friend.
Today, in a tweet from his official Twitter account, Lewis put out a picture of the two in their junior racing days with the caption: “We’ve been friends for a long time, and as friends we have our ups and downs. Today we spoke and we’re cool, still friends.”
— Lewis Hamilton (@LewisHamilton) May 30, 2014
After a frosty week between the two drivers, it is nice to see that they have buried the hatchet, and can now head to the Canadian Grand Prix ready to rekindle their on track battle for the 2014 drivers’ championship.
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Thursday 0
- Massa fastest for Williams as final F1 pre-season test begins 4
- Ron Dennis clears up Alonso crash rumors; confirms he was briefly knocked unconscious but was not concussed 3
- McLaren confirms Alonso leaves hospital, and is out for final test 0
- Manor targets Melbourne appearance; announces Will Stevens as first driver 2
- Iconic F1 designer Gerard Ducarouge dies at 73 1
- F1: Barcelona 2015 first test cumulative times, lap counts, analysis 0