May 30, 2014, 12:19 PM EDT
Different circuit, different downforce levels and a different city, but the same guy is on top as he was on Sunday in the Indianapolis 500.
Ryan Hunter-Reay paced the first of two Friday 45-minute practice sessions for the Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit Presented by Quicken Loans at Belle Isle Park. Hunter-Reay, driving the No. 28 DHL Honda, clocked in at 1:18.8595 and was one of three drivers in the 1:18 range.
The other two to do so were Justin Wilson and Helio Castroneves. Simon Pagenaud and Tony Kanaan completed the top five.
Second practice occurs from 3:20 to 4:05 p.m.
Here’s your session times.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kyle Busch roars back to win Truck race at Texas; Matt Crafton gets closer to clinching championship 0
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 1
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0