May 30, 2014, 12:19 PM EST
Different circuit, different downforce levels and a different city, but the same guy is on top as he was on Sunday in the Indianapolis 500.
Ryan Hunter-Reay paced the first of two Friday 45-minute practice sessions for the Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit Presented by Quicken Loans at Belle Isle Park. Hunter-Reay, driving the No. 28 DHL Honda, clocked in at 1:18.8595 and was one of three drivers in the 1:18 range.
The other two to do so were Justin Wilson and Helio Castroneves. Simon Pagenaud and Tony Kanaan completed the top five.
Second practice occurs from 3:20 to 4:05 p.m.
Here’s your session times.
Video from NASCAR America
- LeBron James’ agent involved in Darrell Wallace Jr.’s hunt for sponsorship 1
- Sponsorship woes leave Jeb Burton scrambling again for a NASCAR ride 3
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 14
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 9
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 25
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 2