May 30, 2014, 12:19 PM EST
Different circuit, different downforce levels and a different city, but the same guy is on top as he was on Sunday in the Indianapolis 500.
Ryan Hunter-Reay paced the first of two Friday 45-minute practice sessions for the Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit Presented by Quicken Loans at Belle Isle Park. Hunter-Reay, driving the No. 28 DHL Honda, clocked in at 1:18.8595 and was one of three drivers in the 1:18 range.
The other two to do so were Justin Wilson and Helio Castroneves. Simon Pagenaud and Tony Kanaan completed the top five.
Second practice occurs from 3:20 to 4:05 p.m.
Here’s your session times.
Video from NASCAR America
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 1