May 30, 2014, 12:19 PM EDT
Different circuit, different downforce levels and a different city, but the same guy is on top as he was on Sunday in the Indianapolis 500.
Ryan Hunter-Reay paced the first of two Friday 45-minute practice sessions for the Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit Presented by Quicken Loans at Belle Isle Park. Hunter-Reay, driving the No. 28 DHL Honda, clocked in at 1:18.8595 and was one of three drivers in the 1:18 range.
The other two to do so were Justin Wilson and Helio Castroneves. Simon Pagenaud and Tony Kanaan completed the top five.
Second practice occurs from 3:20 to 4:05 p.m.
Here’s your session times.
Video from NASCAR America
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 6
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 7
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1