May 30, 2014, 3:52 PM EDT
Once a racer, always a racer.
As he continues to segue from NASCAR race car driver to NASCAR analyst for NBC Sports and NBC Sports Network, Jeff Burton will once again get back behind the wheel two weeks from now.
Burton will drive the No. 66 Toyota Camry for Michael Waltrip Racing in the June 15 Quicken Loans 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Michigan International Speedway.
A winner of 21 career Cup races, Burton tested earlier this week at Pocono in preparation for getting back into a race car.
The Michigan race will be the second this season for Burton. His only other start in 2014 was at Las Vegas, where he qualified 19th and finished 17th.
Burton said earlier this year that he may also race at Kentucky, which is two weeks after Michigan, but no formal announcement has been made as yet.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 4
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 0
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 3
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 11
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 4
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Mid-Ohio (1:30 p.m. ET, CNBC and Live Extra) 0