May 30, 2014, 3:52 PM EDT
Once a racer, always a racer.
As he continues to segue from NASCAR race car driver to NASCAR analyst for NBC Sports and NBC Sports Network, Jeff Burton will once again get back behind the wheel two weeks from now.
Burton will drive the No. 66 Toyota Camry for Michael Waltrip Racing in the June 15 Quicken Loans 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Michigan International Speedway.
A winner of 21 career Cup races, Burton tested earlier this week at Pocono in preparation for getting back into a race car.
The Michigan race will be the second this season for Burton. His only other start in 2014 was at Las Vegas, where he qualified 19th and finished 17th.
Burton said earlier this year that he may also race at Kentucky, which is two weeks after Michigan, but no formal announcement has been made as yet.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- James Hinchcliffe on the comeback trail for IndyCar driving return 0
- Bottas and Massa to remain with Williams for 2016 0
- Here are your TV times for this weekend’s Italian Grand Prix on NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- James Hinchcliffe describes how inspired he was by Justin Wilson 1
- Dixon: “I don’t think anybody had a stellar season” 13
- Watkins Glen, Baltimore stand out for Stefan Wilson’s favorite race memories of brother Justin 2
- Report: Derrick Walker reflects on IndyCar tenure and future 1