May 30, 2014, 3:52 PM EDT
Once a racer, always a racer.
As he continues to segue from NASCAR race car driver to NASCAR analyst for NBC Sports and NBC Sports Network, Jeff Burton will once again get back behind the wheel two weeks from now.
Burton will drive the No. 66 Toyota Camry for Michael Waltrip Racing in the June 15 Quicken Loans 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Michigan International Speedway.
A winner of 21 career Cup races, Burton tested earlier this week at Pocono in preparation for getting back into a race car.
The Michigan race will be the second this season for Burton. His only other start in 2014 was at Las Vegas, where he qualified 19th and finished 17th.
Burton said earlier this year that he may also race at Kentucky, which is two weeks after Michigan, but no formal announcement has been made as yet.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 1
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 5