May 30, 2014, 3:52 PM EDT
Once a racer, always a racer.
As he continues to segue from NASCAR race car driver to NASCAR analyst for NBC Sports and NBC Sports Network, Jeff Burton will once again get back behind the wheel two weeks from now.
Burton will drive the No. 66 Toyota Camry for Michael Waltrip Racing in the June 15 Quicken Loans 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Michigan International Speedway.
A winner of 21 career Cup races, Burton tested earlier this week at Pocono in preparation for getting back into a race car.
The Michigan race will be the second this season for Burton. His only other start in 2014 was at Las Vegas, where he qualified 19th and finished 17th.
Burton said earlier this year that he may also race at Kentucky, which is two weeks after Michigan, but no formal announcement has been made as yet.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- DiZinno: Daytona fence crash ripple effect could extend to other motorsports 2
- Ten with Townsend: Red Bull GRC 4 races in, post-MCAS New River 0
- Smiling Through the Rain: Silverstone proved that it isn’t all doom and gloom in F1 1
- NHRA: Anderson wins 4th of ’15, Stoffer over Sampey in 3rd all-female final in NHRA history; Kalitta, Beckman also win 2
- Ken Block seizes opportunity, wins Red Bull GRC at MCAS New River 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: British Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 0
- Emotional Hamilton tears up on last lap of British GP, thanks fans for support en route to win 1