May 30, 2014, 3:52 PM EST
Once a racer, always a racer.
As he continues to segue from NASCAR race car driver to NASCAR analyst for NBC Sports and NBC Sports Network, Jeff Burton will once again get back behind the wheel two weeks from now.
Burton will drive the No. 66 Toyota Camry for Michael Waltrip Racing in the June 15 Quicken Loans 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Michigan International Speedway.
A winner of 21 career Cup races, Burton tested earlier this week at Pocono in preparation for getting back into a race car.
The Michigan race will be the second this season for Burton. His only other start in 2014 was at Las Vegas, where he qualified 19th and finished 17th.
Burton said earlier this year that he may also race at Kentucky, which is two weeks after Michigan, but no formal announcement has been made as yet.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0
- Gridiron Challenge: NASCAR drivers take football stars for a spin (VIDEO) 0
- Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony headlines 6.5 hours of NASCAR on NBCSN 0
- Ferrari reveals SF15-T for 2015 Formula 1 season 4
- Sauber aims to beat the blues of 2014 with C34’s launch 2
- Track executive arrested, charged with lewdness with 19-year-old 0