May 30, 2014, 6:23 PM EDT
Hangtown is a staple of the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, as the track is about to host the 46th running of the GoPro Hangtown Motocross Classic on Saturday. The race will be the second round of the 12-stop series.
The oldest race on the schedule, Hangtown actually predates the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship. It’s also one of the most popular tracks on the circuit, with hills, whoops and plenty of other features designed to challenge the world’s best motocross riders.
Check out a virtual look at the layout of the track below.
Or, if you’d like to get a better idea of what it will be like for the riders out on the track tomorrow, here’s another angle from their perspective.
Live coverage from Hangtown begins Saturday at 1:30pm E.T. on ProMotocross.com and NBC Sports Live Extra with the second practice session of the day. Coverage resumes with an online-only pre-show airing at 3:15pm E.T., followed by four motos of live racing from 4-8pm E.T. Click here to access the Live Extra stream.
NBCSN will also televise live coverage of the second motos in the 450 and 250 Classes from 6-8pm E.T.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 1
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 3
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2