Jun 3, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
INDYCAR has announced that Chevrolet has been penalized 10 engine manufacturer’s points after one of the Bowtie’s engines was changed out in the No. 2 Penske Motorsports car of Juan Pablo Montoya during last weekend’s Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit.
The penalty is based on a violation of Rule 16.5.1 (engine change under mileage) of the Verizon IndyCar Series rulebook.
Additionally, the sanctioning body announced that it will rescind penalties against Chevy for violations regarding series engine regulations 11.2 (torque control) and 12.1 (traction control).
However, Chevy will lose 10 manufacturer points for what the sanctioning body called “an unintentional technical violation.” This resolution comes after a review of INDYCAR’s penalties on May 12.
- NHRA: Capps storms to 2nd win of season, Funny Car points lead 1
- Relief, gratitude define the day where Newgarden finally gets first win (VIDEO) 0
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 2
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber 10
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick victorious on debut ADAC F4 weekend 1