Jun 3, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
INDYCAR has announced that Chevrolet has been penalized 10 engine manufacturer’s points after one of the Bowtie’s engines was changed out in the No. 2 Penske Motorsports car of Juan Pablo Montoya during last weekend’s Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit.
The penalty is based on a violation of Rule 16.5.1 (engine change under mileage) of the Verizon IndyCar Series rulebook.
Additionally, the sanctioning body announced that it will rescind penalties against Chevy for violations regarding series engine regulations 11.2 (torque control) and 12.1 (traction control).
However, Chevy will lose 10 manufacturer points for what the sanctioning body called “an unintentional technical violation.” This resolution comes after a review of INDYCAR’s penalties on May 12.
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 2
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 0
- Fernando Alonso thanks fans for support following crash 0
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Thursday 0
- Massa fastest for Williams as final F1 pre-season test begins 5