Jun 3, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
INDYCAR has announced that Chevrolet has been penalized 10 engine manufacturer’s points after one of the Bowtie’s engines was changed out in the No. 2 Penske Motorsports car of Juan Pablo Montoya during last weekend’s Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit.
The penalty is based on a violation of Rule 16.5.1 (engine change under mileage) of the Verizon IndyCar Series rulebook.
Additionally, the sanctioning body announced that it will rescind penalties against Chevy for violations regarding series engine regulations 11.2 (torque control) and 12.1 (traction control).
However, Chevy will lose 10 manufacturer points for what the sanctioning body called “an unintentional technical violation.” This resolution comes after a review of INDYCAR’s penalties on May 12.
Video from NASCAR America
- Michael Waltrip challenges Dale Jr. to go Dancing With The Stars 0
- IndyCar: Brasilia, Brazil race confirmed for March 8, 2015 1
- F1’s Modern Wonder: Under the lights, Singapore shines brightly 0
- 2014 Singapore Grand Prix Preview 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Matt Kenseth confident as Loudon looms (VIDEO) 0
- Singapore GP, Red Bull GRC highlight weekend’s NBC motorsports coverage 0
- NASCAR: Richard Petty Motorsports committed to two-car program in 2015 6