Jun 3, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Alex Kennedy, the 22-year-old from Aztec, New Mexico, will return to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series for a few races this year in Joe Falk’s No. 33 Circle Sport Racing Chevrolet, starting this weekend in Pocono.
Kennedy announced the move on his Twitter page on Monday.
Well for my few followers on here, I will be piloting the 33 circle sport racing cup car for a few races this year, starting this weekend!!
— Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedy_61) June 2, 2014
Kennedy made three starts in 2013 with the Humphrey Smith team, although he didn’t exactly cover himself in glory with an early crash at Sonoma, retired at Pocono due to a vibration and finished 29th at Watkins Glen.
Video from NASCAR America
- Report: Grand jury now hearing testimony in Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. case 1
- 2015 Sprint Cup rules to feature reduced testing, less horsepower 6
- COTA: A circuit to behold from the passenger’s seat 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Team Penske pushing for incredible season (VIDEO) 0
- Lotterer: “F1 (racing) isn’t what it used to be anymore” 0
- Joey Logano avoids “yellow fever,” wins at N.H. to advance in Chase 3
- Wreck involves several Chase drivers; Keselowski spins, suffers minor damage 1