Jun 3, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Alex Kennedy, the 22-year-old from Aztec, New Mexico, will return to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series for a few races this year in Joe Falk’s No. 33 Circle Sport Racing Chevrolet, starting this weekend in Pocono.
Kennedy announced the move on his Twitter page on Monday.
Well for my few followers on here, I will be piloting the 33 circle sport racing cup car for a few races this year, starting this weekend!!
— Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedy_61) June 2, 2014
Kennedy made three starts in 2013 with the Humphrey Smith team, although he didn’t exactly cover himself in glory with an early crash at Sonoma, retired at Pocono due to a vibration and finished 29th at Watkins Glen.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 Japanese Grand Prix Preview 0
- Caterham denies future is at risk despite goods being seized 2
- Simona de Silvestro’s F1 hopes at risk due to financial problems 11
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 24