Jun 3, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Alex Kennedy, the 22-year-old from Aztec, New Mexico, will return to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series for a few races this year in Joe Falk’s No. 33 Circle Sport Racing Chevrolet, starting this weekend in Pocono.
Kennedy announced the move on his Twitter page on Monday.
Well for my few followers on here, I will be piloting the 33 circle sport racing cup car for a few races this year, starting this weekend!!
— Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedy_61) June 2, 2014
Kennedy made three starts in 2013 with the Humphrey Smith team, although he didn’t exactly cover himself in glory with an early crash at Sonoma, retired at Pocono due to a vibration and finished 29th at Watkins Glen.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 1
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 2
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 4
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 2
- Tony Stewart the obvious fan favorite during pre-race introductions at Atlanta 3