Jun 3, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Alex Kennedy, the 22-year-old from Aztec, New Mexico, will return to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series for a few races this year in Joe Falk’s No. 33 Circle Sport Racing Chevrolet, starting this weekend in Pocono.
Kennedy announced the move on his Twitter page on Monday.
Well for my few followers on here, I will be piloting the 33 circle sport racing cup car for a few races this year, starting this weekend!!
— Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedy_61) June 2, 2014
Kennedy made three starts in 2013 with the Humphrey Smith team, although he didn’t exactly cover himself in glory with an early crash at Sonoma, retired at Pocono due to a vibration and finished 29th at Watkins Glen.
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 2
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 2
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3