Jun 3, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Alex Kennedy, the 22-year-old from Aztec, New Mexico, will return to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series for a few races this year in Joe Falk’s No. 33 Circle Sport Racing Chevrolet, starting this weekend in Pocono.
Kennedy announced the move on his Twitter page on Monday.
Well for my few followers on here, I will be piloting the 33 circle sport racing cup car for a few races this year, starting this weekend!!
— Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedy_61) June 2, 2014
Kennedy made three starts in 2013 with the Humphrey Smith team, although he didn’t exactly cover himself in glory with an early crash at Sonoma, retired at Pocono due to a vibration and finished 29th at Watkins Glen.
Video from NASCAR America
- Aleshin conscious following heavy accident in MAVTV 500 final practice 1
- Kevin Harvick wins Atlanta Sprint Cup pole; Stewart qualifies 12th 0
- Castroneves secures crucial MAVTV 500 pole; Power starts P21 for IndyCar finale (VIDEO) 2
- Jeff Gordon: Last 3 races weren’t the same without Tony Stewart 2
- IndyCar has 500 miles to glory, through speed, dirt, tire fall off and unpredictability 0
- How NASCAR determined Tony Stewart was ready to race again 4
- Helton: Tony Stewart still eligible for Chase, but must win to get in 3