Jun 3, 2014, 6:54 PM EST
Considering that Jimmie Johnson has claimed three wins at Pocono in his Sprint Cup career – not to mention back-to-back wins heading into Sunday’s Pocono 400 – it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure that he’d be confident of his chances to chalk up another W at the “Tricky Triangle.”
As part of today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA on NBCSN, Johnson and his Hendrick Motorsports crew chief, Chad Knaus, explained why Pocono has become one of their most successful tracks over the years.
Leigh Diffey and Wally Dallenbach also checked in with Mark Martin, considered by many as the best driver never to claim a Sprint Cup championship.
Martin, who won 40 races in NASCAR’s top series before stepping out of the cockpit at the end of 2013, talked about what he’s been up to lately.
He also discussed Trevor Bayne‘s full-time return to Cup in 2015 with the No. 6 car (the number he drove to 35 of those 40 Cup victories) and the recent performance troubles at Roush Fenway Racing, where he competed for much of his storied career.
NASCAR AMERICA will be back tomorrow at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra. For more clips from the show, head on over to the archive page.
Video from NASCAR America
- F1 2014 Review: Stories of the Season 0
- Toro Rosso confirms Carlos Sainz Jr. for 2015 F1 season 1
- F1 2014 Driver Review: Lewis Hamilton 0
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 12
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 3