Jun 4, 2014, 6:02 PM EDT
With so many rumors flying around about where NASCAR Sprint Cup driver Carl Edwards will ultimately land for next season, we can officially and unequivocally confirm one thing:
While he may change teams, Cousin Carl is not changing jobs, and he ESPECIALLY will not become a jockey anytime soon.
Frankly, he’s about a foot too tall and about 50 lbs too heavy.
But that didn’t keep Edwards from hanging out with 1978 Triple Crown winning rider Steve Cauthen on Wednesday at Kentucky Speedway.
The two joined together to promote the upcoming tripleheader weekend later this month that will culminate with the Quaker State 400 Sprint Cup race there on June 28.
Now, this was just another press event, but we couldn’t let it go without the above photo of Cousin Carl in jockey goggles.
Yet another reason why he may know horsepower, but Edwards would make a lousy jockey – he doesn’t even look like one. In fact, doesn’t he bear a very close resemblance to Ron Howard (when he had hair) doing a Fonzie-like “Heeeeyyyyyy!”?
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Power steals final pole of IndyCar’s 2015 season with new track record at Sonoma 1
- Oriol Servia reflects on his friend Justin Wilson, as he races No. 25 car at Sonoma (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 1
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5