Jun 4, 2014, 6:02 PM EST
With so many rumors flying around about where NASCAR Sprint Cup driver Carl Edwards will ultimately land for next season, we can officially and unequivocally confirm one thing:
While he may change teams, Cousin Carl is not changing jobs, and he ESPECIALLY will not become a jockey anytime soon.
Frankly, he’s about a foot too tall and about 50 lbs too heavy.
But that didn’t keep Edwards from hanging out with 1978 Triple Crown winning rider Steve Cauthen on Wednesday at Kentucky Speedway.
The two joined together to promote the upcoming tripleheader weekend later this month that will culminate with the Quaker State 400 Sprint Cup race there on June 28.
Now, this was just another press event, but we couldn’t let it go without the above photo of Cousin Carl in jockey goggles.
Yet another reason why he may know horsepower, but Edwards would make a lousy jockey – he doesn’t even look like one. In fact, doesn’t he bear a very close resemblance to Ron Howard (when he had hair) doing a Fonzie-like “Heeeeyyyyyy!”?
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 0
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 13
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1
- Sprint to end title sponsorship of NASCAR’s Cup Series after 2016 (VIDEO) 17
- NBC SportsWorld: The vision of blind NHRA crew chief Jay Blake 1