Jun 4, 2014, 9:35 AM EDT
Not too many entry notes and changes ahead of this weekend’s Firestone 600 for the Verizon IndyCar Series at Texas Motor Speedway (Saturday, 8 p.m. ET, NBCSN) but here they are:
- Helio Castroneves and Sebastien Bourdais return to liveries they last raced at Barber Motorsports Park. Castroneves will be in the blue-and-white No. 3 AAA Insurance Team Penske Chevrolet – same colors he won with last year at Texas – while Bourdais will be in the No. 11 Hydroxycut KVSH Racing Chevrolet black-and-green this weekend.
- Tony Kanaan will carry Suave for Men gray colors on his No. 10 Target Chip Ganassi Racing Chevrolet this weekend, the first time that livery has run since Detroit last year (pictured). Difference is, TK’s got a shaved head and his predecessor, Dario Franchitti, was a more fitting livery ambassador given his full, flowing head of hair…
- Josef Newgarden returns to the Strike livery last seen at Houston last year aboard his No. 67 Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing Honda. Meanwhile Simon Pagenaud will be back from orange to white for Lucas Oil signage adorning his No. 77 Schmidt Peterson Hamilton Motorsports Honda. Pagenaud has not had the same livery in consecutive race weekends yet this year.
- Carlos Huertas will be in the No. 18 Dale Coyne Racing Honda for Texas, which isn’t too much of a surprise but does more or less confirm he’ll be in that car for the foreseeable future this season. Huertas, the fourth rookie and fourth Colombian in this year’s field, had initially been in for the first four road and street races and the Indianapolis 500. But thus far he’s completed every race lap in seven races, in what’s been a very solid debut stretch.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kyle Busch roars back to win Truck race at Texas; Matt Crafton gets closer to clinching championship 0
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 1
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0