Jun 4, 2014, 3:39 PM EDT
Penalties from INDYCAR came out earlier this week regarding Juan Pablo Montoya‘s Penske Motorsports crew changing the engine before mileaging out at Detroit. Turned out that wasn’t the only penalty issued to the No. 2 Verizon Team Penske Chevrolet entry post-the Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit Presented by Quicken Loans.
From INDYCAR this Wednesday afternoon:
- INDYCAR officials have fined Team Penske $5,000 for a technical violation on its No. 2 Verizon IndyCar Series entry driven by Juan Pablo Montoya. The entrant was found to have violated Rule 188.8.131.52.1 (Car weight) of the Verizon IndyCar Series rulebook following qualifications for Dual 1.
- INDYCAR officials have placed Don Oldenburg, a crew member from Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, on probation until Aug. 1 2014, for violating Rule 9.3.8 (Social Media Policy violation).
Video from NASCAR America
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 8
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 8
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1