Jun 4, 2014, 3:39 PM EDT
Penalties from INDYCAR came out earlier this week regarding Juan Pablo Montoya‘s Penske Motorsports crew changing the engine before mileaging out at Detroit. Turned out that wasn’t the only penalty issued to the No. 2 Verizon Team Penske Chevrolet entry post-the Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit Presented by Quicken Loans.
From INDYCAR this Wednesday afternoon:
- INDYCAR officials have fined Team Penske $5,000 for a technical violation on its No. 2 Verizon IndyCar Series entry driven by Juan Pablo Montoya. The entrant was found to have violated Rule 126.96.36.199.1 (Car weight) of the Verizon IndyCar Series rulebook following qualifications for Dual 1.
- INDYCAR officials have placed Don Oldenburg, a crew member from Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, on probation until Aug. 1 2014, for violating Rule 9.3.8 (Social Media Policy violation).
Video from NASCAR America
- Kyle Busch roars back to win Truck race at Texas; Matt Crafton gets closer to clinching championship 0
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 1
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0