Jun 4, 2014, 3:39 PM EDT
Penalties from INDYCAR came out earlier this week regarding Juan Pablo Montoya‘s Penske Motorsports crew changing the engine before mileaging out at Detroit. Turned out that wasn’t the only penalty issued to the No. 2 Verizon Team Penske Chevrolet entry post-the Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit Presented by Quicken Loans.
From INDYCAR this Wednesday afternoon:
- INDYCAR officials have fined Team Penske $5,000 for a technical violation on its No. 2 Verizon IndyCar Series entry driven by Juan Pablo Montoya. The entrant was found to have violated Rule 18.104.22.168.1 (Car weight) of the Verizon IndyCar Series rulebook following qualifications for Dual 1.
- INDYCAR officials have placed Don Oldenburg, a crew member from Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, on probation until Aug. 1 2014, for violating Rule 9.3.8 (Social Media Policy violation).
Video from NASCAR America
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 3
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 6
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1