Jun 4, 2014, 3:39 PM EST
Penalties from INDYCAR came out earlier this week regarding Juan Pablo Montoya‘s Penske Motorsports crew changing the engine before mileaging out at Detroit. Turned out that wasn’t the only penalty issued to the No. 2 Verizon Team Penske Chevrolet entry post-the Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit Presented by Quicken Loans.
From INDYCAR this Wednesday afternoon:
- INDYCAR officials have fined Team Penske $5,000 for a technical violation on its No. 2 Verizon IndyCar Series entry driven by Juan Pablo Montoya. The entrant was found to have violated Rule 184.108.40.206.1 (Car weight) of the Verizon IndyCar Series rulebook following qualifications for Dual 1.
- INDYCAR officials have placed Don Oldenburg, a crew member from Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, on probation until Aug. 1 2014, for violating Rule 9.3.8 (Social Media Policy violation).
Video from NASCAR America
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 1
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 5
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 6
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0
- Jean-Eric Vergne confirms Toro Rosso exit 3