Jun 4, 2014, 3:39 PM EDT
Penalties from INDYCAR came out earlier this week regarding Juan Pablo Montoya‘s Penske Motorsports crew changing the engine before mileaging out at Detroit. Turned out that wasn’t the only penalty issued to the No. 2 Verizon Team Penske Chevrolet entry post-the Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit Presented by Quicken Loans.
From INDYCAR this Wednesday afternoon:
- INDYCAR officials have fined Team Penske $5,000 for a technical violation on its No. 2 Verizon IndyCar Series entry driven by Juan Pablo Montoya. The entrant was found to have violated Rule 18.104.22.168.1 (Car weight) of the Verizon IndyCar Series rulebook following qualifications for Dual 1.
- INDYCAR officials have placed Don Oldenburg, a crew member from Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, on probation until Aug. 1 2014, for violating Rule 9.3.8 (Social Media Policy violation).
Video from NASCAR America
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 0
- What now if your favorite driver is eliminated from Chase? 3
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10
- UPDATED: Chase contender Kyle Busch back on track after Lap 102 crash (VIDEO) 0
- Faced with must-win scenarios, Earnhardt, Johnson lead halfway at Talladega 0
- Surprising revelation: Dale Jr. admits he coasted earlier in his career — ‘I just rested on my legacy and last name’ 0
- With nothing left to do but win, Dale Earnhardt Jr. faces Talladega with optimism 0