Jun 4, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Smith, though, may have an edge in the social media game after capturing this gem of Elliott passed out on the way to the Atlanta airport.
— Regan Smith (@ReganSmith) June 4, 2014
Their boss, Dale Earnhardt Jr., chimed in thusly:
@ReganSmith looks like his moonlighting gig as an Elvis impersonator is catching up. He’s available 4 birthdays & bachelorette parties.
— Dale Earnhardt Jr. (@DaleJr) June 4, 2014
The popular NASCAR satirists, @nascarcasm, has also offered his take:
“What do drivers dream of when they take a little driver snooze?/Of winning races, or Katy Perry in a firesuit?” pic.twitter.com/qQuSZkgZXx
— nascarcasm (@nascarcasm) June 4, 2014
And just recently, Elliott has responded.
— Chase Elliott (@chaseelliott) June 4, 2014
Sometimes you have to love the battles off-track as well as the ones on track.
The Nationwide Series is off this weekend, but resumes at Michigan the following weekend, June 13-15. Smith leads the points by 4 over Elliott Sadler, and 22 over Chase Elliott.
- F1 Strategy Group pushing through technical revolution for 2017, other changes planned as early as Belgian GP 0
- 2015 British Grand Prix Preview 1
- Here are your British Grand Prix air times on CNBC, NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- Miles: After “two-sided pancake” Fontana race, IndyCar may crack down against stakeholder comments 10
- IndyCar issues penalties and fines following MAVTV 500 at Fontana 4
- NHRA shakeup: Tom Compton retires as president, Peter Clifford named successor 6
- Ed Carpenter: driver criticism of IndyCar ‘confusing for fans’ 18