Jun 4, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Smith, though, may have an edge in the social media game after capturing this gem of Elliott passed out on the way to the Atlanta airport.
— Regan Smith (@ReganSmith) June 4, 2014
Their boss, Dale Earnhardt Jr., chimed in thusly:
@ReganSmith looks like his moonlighting gig as an Elvis impersonator is catching up. He’s available 4 birthdays & bachelorette parties.
— Dale Earnhardt Jr. (@DaleJr) June 4, 2014
The popular NASCAR satirists, @nascarcasm, has also offered his take:
“What do drivers dream of when they take a little driver snooze?/Of winning races, or Katy Perry in a firesuit?” pic.twitter.com/qQuSZkgZXx
— nascarcasm (@nascarcasm) June 4, 2014
And just recently, Elliott has responded.
— Chase Elliott (@chaseelliott) June 4, 2014
Sometimes you have to love the battles off-track as well as the ones on track.
The Nationwide Series is off this weekend, but resumes at Michigan the following weekend, June 13-15. Smith leads the points by 4 over Elliott Sadler, and 22 over Chase Elliott.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 1
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 8
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1