Jun 4, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Smith, though, may have an edge in the social media game after capturing this gem of Elliott passed out on the way to the Atlanta airport.
— Regan Smith (@ReganSmith) June 4, 2014
Their boss, Dale Earnhardt Jr., chimed in thusly:
@ReganSmith looks like his moonlighting gig as an Elvis impersonator is catching up. He’s available 4 birthdays & bachelorette parties.
— Dale Earnhardt Jr. (@DaleJr) June 4, 2014
The popular NASCAR satirists, @nascarcasm, has also offered his take:
“What do drivers dream of when they take a little driver snooze?/Of winning races, or Katy Perry in a firesuit?” pic.twitter.com/qQuSZkgZXx
— nascarcasm (@nascarcasm) June 4, 2014
And just recently, Elliott has responded.
— Chase Elliott (@chaseelliott) June 4, 2014
Sometimes you have to love the battles off-track as well as the ones on track.
The Nationwide Series is off this weekend, but resumes at Michigan the following weekend, June 13-15. Smith leads the points by 4 over Elliott Sadler, and 22 over Chase Elliott.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR: Richard Petty Motorsports committed to two-car program in 2015 0
- NASCAR: STANLEY, DEWALT join JGR in 2015 2
- NASCAR AMERICA: One Sprint Cup title not enough for Keselowski (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s Mikhail Aleshin released from Indianapolis hospital 0
- DA will submit evidence from Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. case to grand jury 24
- Renault’s Taffin: Fuel consumption could well be an issue in Singapore 1
- Jeff Gordon makes strong ‘Drive For Five’ start, also has high praise for Kyle Larson in Chase opener 2