Jun 5, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
The modern master of Montreal, Michael Schumacher won at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve on the Isle Notre Dame a record seven times, all between 1994 and 2004.
The 1994 win was his only one for Benetton in Canada on a slightly revised course, while the other six came in an eight-year run from 1997 through to 2004.
Here’s quick videos of all seven years he won in Canada. It’s fascinating to track the evolution of the cars and sounds from the Benetton-Ford Schumacher started with, through the litany of V10 Ferraris.
1997 Qualifying, Schumacher vs. Villeneuve
2002 Qualifying Lap
- Sebastian Vettel “absolutely committed” to Red Bull 0
- Hamilton completes his clean sweep in Hungary FP3 0
- Juan Pablo Montoya, Will Power go looking for fun, wind up with ‘Sex Tape’ 1
- Brickyard owes Juan Pablo Montoya one, but will it pay off Sunday? 1
- Everyone worried about a Kenseth win — except Matt himself 0