Jun 5, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
The modern master of Montreal, Michael Schumacher won at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve on the Isle Notre Dame a record seven times, all between 1994 and 2004.
The 1994 win was his only one for Benetton in Canada on a slightly revised course, while the other six came in an eight-year run from 1997 through to 2004.
Here’s quick videos of all seven years he won in Canada. It’s fascinating to track the evolution of the cars and sounds from the Benetton-Ford Schumacher started with, through the litany of V10 Ferraris.
1997 Qualifying, Schumacher vs. Villeneuve
2002 Qualifying Lap
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1
- Insight: Planning Andretti’s Sports Marketing promotional efforts at Miami and NOLA 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 2
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 3
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 4