Jun 5, 2014, 11:22 PM EDT
German Quiroga shot to the top of the speed chart in Thursday’s final practice for Friday’s WinStar World Casino 400 at Texas Motor Speedway.
Quiroga made 29 laps around the fast 1.5-mile track, but it was his second lap that set the pace at 176.476 mph.
Johnny Sauter, who was fastest in the first practice earlier in the afternoon, was fourth-fastest in the final session at 175.490 mph.
Darrell “Bubba” Wallace Jr., who was second-fastest in the earlier session, was fifth-fastest in the final session at 174.616 mph.
A total of 26 drivers took part in the final practice, with Norm Benning clocking the slowest speed at 160.480 mph.
Qualifying begins at 5:10 pm ET on Friday afternoon, with the green flag for the race slated to drop at 9 pm ET.
On Saturday, the Verizon IndyCar Series takes over the track for the Firestone 600, which begins at 8:45 pm ET.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 0
- What now if your favorite driver is eliminated from Chase? 1
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10
- UPDATED: Chase contender Kyle Busch back on track after Lap 102 crash (VIDEO) 0
- Faced with must-win scenarios, Earnhardt, Johnson lead halfway at Talladega 0
- Surprising revelation: Dale Jr. admits he coasted earlier in his career — ‘I just rested on my legacy and last name’ 0
- With nothing left to do but win, Dale Earnhardt Jr. faces Talladega with optimism 0