Jun 5, 2014, 11:22 PM EDT
German Quiroga shot to the top of the speed chart in Thursday’s final practice for Friday’s WinStar World Casino 400 at Texas Motor Speedway.
Quiroga made 29 laps around the fast 1.5-mile track, but it was his second lap that set the pace at 176.476 mph.
Johnny Sauter, who was fastest in the first practice earlier in the afternoon, was fourth-fastest in the final session at 175.490 mph.
Darrell “Bubba” Wallace Jr., who was second-fastest in the earlier session, was fifth-fastest in the final session at 174.616 mph.
A total of 26 drivers took part in the final practice, with Norm Benning clocking the slowest speed at 160.480 mph.
Qualifying begins at 5:10 pm ET on Friday afternoon, with the green flag for the race slated to drop at 9 pm ET.
On Saturday, the Verizon IndyCar Series takes over the track for the Firestone 600, which begins at 8:45 pm ET.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Lotterer: “F1 (racing) isn’t what it used to be anymore” 0
- Joey Logano avoids “yellow fever,” wins at N.H. to advance in Chase 3
- Wreck involves several Chase drivers; Keselowski spins, suffers minor damage 1
- Rosberg reflects on a tough day in Singapore (VIDEO) 2
- Reports: 2015 Sprint Cup rules package expected to be released on Tuesday 2
- Hamilton rules in Singapore to re-take championship lead as Rosberg retires 1
- Rosberg forced to retire in Singapore after electrical glitch 2