Jun 5, 2014, 9:44 AM EST
Earlier this year, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway announced it would be holding an SVRA vintage race, the Brickyard Vintage Racing Invitational.
The time of the event has now arrived – only two weeks removed from a thrilling 98th Indianapolis 500.
Full details of the event including the schedule, entry list and ticket information can be found here on the SVRA website.
With action on both the 2.44-mile road course and 2.5-mile oval, plus cars dating back as far as the early 1900s to the early 2000s, this event promises to run the gamut of eras and types of cars for fans to behold.
There may be no such thing as a time machine, but this event will be a nice throwback to the past on the heels of the still exciting present.
Video from NASCAR America
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 0
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 3
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0