Jun 5, 2014, 9:44 AM EST
Earlier this year, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway announced it would be holding an SVRA vintage race, the Brickyard Vintage Racing Invitational.
The time of the event has now arrived – only two weeks removed from a thrilling 98th Indianapolis 500.
Full details of the event including the schedule, entry list and ticket information can be found here on the SVRA website.
With action on both the 2.44-mile road course and 2.5-mile oval, plus cars dating back as far as the early 1900s to the early 2000s, this event promises to run the gamut of eras and types of cars for fans to behold.
There may be no such thing as a time machine, but this event will be a nice throwback to the past on the heels of the still exciting present.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 2
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 4
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 11