Jun 5, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
Earlier this year, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway announced it would be holding an SVRA vintage race, the Brickyard Vintage Racing Invitational.
The time of the event has now arrived – only two weeks removed from a thrilling 98th Indianapolis 500.
Full details of the event including the schedule, entry list and ticket information can be found here on the SVRA website.
With action on both the 2.44-mile road course and 2.5-mile oval, plus cars dating back as far as the early 1900s to the early 2000s, this event promises to run the gamut of eras and types of cars for fans to behold.
There may be no such thing as a time machine, but this event will be a nice throwback to the past on the heels of the still exciting present.
- Power wins Verizon P1 Award in Detroit with new track record 0
- Preview: Detroit’s doubleheader a crucial weekend for IndyCar championship 0
- ARCA: From welder to race car driver, Sarah Cornett-Ching continues her building prowess 2
- Taylor Swift to be featured on Tony Kanaan’s IndyCar in Detroit; will she make it to track? 7
- Surprises, struggles: NHRA at one-third mark of ’15 season 5
- FIA seeking new teams for Formula 1 in 2016 and 2017 8
- Gossage to Walker: “We need a more competitive race this year than last year” 2