Jun 5, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
Earlier this year, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway announced it would be holding an SVRA vintage race, the Brickyard Vintage Racing Invitational.
The time of the event has now arrived – only two weeks removed from a thrilling 98th Indianapolis 500.
Full details of the event including the schedule, entry list and ticket information can be found here on the SVRA website.
With action on both the 2.44-mile road course and 2.5-mile oval, plus cars dating back as far as the early 1900s to the early 2000s, this event promises to run the gamut of eras and types of cars for fans to behold.
There may be no such thing as a time machine, but this event will be a nice throwback to the past on the heels of the still exciting present.
Video from NASCAR America
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 1
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 3