Jun 5, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
Earlier this year, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway announced it would be holding an SVRA vintage race, the Brickyard Vintage Racing Invitational.
The time of the event has now arrived – only two weeks removed from a thrilling 98th Indianapolis 500.
Full details of the event including the schedule, entry list and ticket information can be found here on the SVRA website.
With action on both the 2.44-mile road course and 2.5-mile oval, plus cars dating back as far as the early 1900s to the early 2000s, this event promises to run the gamut of eras and types of cars for fans to behold.
There may be no such thing as a time machine, but this event will be a nice throwback to the past on the heels of the still exciting present.
- Rosberg fastest once again in second British GP practice 0
- Rosberg tops FP1 at Silverstone after gearbox change 0
- NHRA: Tony Pedregon hopes to keep momentum going in Norwalk 0
- NHRA: New president Peter Clifford full of ideas to get drag racing back on-track 7
- Ryan Briscoe making most of filling in for James Hinchcliffe 0
- F1 Strategy Group pushing through technical revolution for 2017, other changes planned as early as Belgian GP 4
- 2015 British Grand Prix Preview 1