Jun 5, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
This is the point in the season that is almost as grinding for media members and team PR representatives as it is for the crews in the Verizon IndyCar Series, but sometimes, humor still finds a way into press releases.
Case in point, the Schmidt Peterson Motorsports’ team advance for this weekend, highlighting the culture shock of its drivers – Frenchman Simon Pagenaud and Russian Mikhail Aleshin – visiting Texas Motor Speedway for this weekend’s Firestone 600.
“A Frenchman and a Russian walk into Texas Motor Speedway, looking for six-shooters and a cowboy hat in victory circle.
“It sounds like the start to a bad joke, but Schmidt Peterson Motorsports (SPM) drivers Simon Pagenaud and Mikhail Aleshin enter the Firestone 600 race weekend with one serious goal: victory on the 1.5-mile oval on Saturday night, June 7,” says the start of the team’s pre-race press release.
Adding to the joke, both Aleshin and series PR director Mike Kitchel took it a step further with posts on Twitter.
Here’s Aleshin with some heavy artillery:
— Mikhail Aleshin (@mikhailaleshin) June 5, 2014
And here’s Kitchel posting a pic of Pagenaud with the Fort Worth SWAT team:
— Mike Kitchel (@mikekitchel) June 5, 2014
Everything’s bigger in Texas… even the jokes.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 Singapore Grand Prix Preview 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Matt Kenseth confident as Loudon looms (VIDEO) 0
- Singapore GP, Red Bull GRC highlight weekend’s NBC motorsports coverage 0
- NASCAR: Richard Petty Motorsports committed to two-car program in 2015 5
- NASCAR: STANLEY, DEWALT join JGR in 2015 4
- NASCAR AMERICA: One Sprint Cup title not enough for Keselowski (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s Mikhail Aleshin released from Indianapolis hospital 0