Jun 5, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
Johnny Sauter (177.247 mph) and Darrell “Bubba” Wallace Jr. (176.980) paced the rest of the field in the first of two practice sessions Thursday at Texas Motor Speedway in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series.
Only 24 drivers took to the track for the first practice session, with Justin Jennings being the slowest at 159.147 mph.
The second session is just getting underway (we’ll have updates afterward). Qualifying takes place Friday afternoon ahead of that evening’s race, the Winstar World Casino and Resort 400 at the fast 1.5-mile track in Fort Worth, Texas.
The NCWTS race is the undercard for Saturday’s Firestone 600 Verizon IndyCar Series race at TMS.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 0
- WATCH: Race of Champions at 7 p.m. ET kicks off motors evening on NBCSN 0
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 16