Jun 5, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
Johnny Sauter (177.247 mph) and Darrell “Bubba” Wallace Jr. (176.980) paced the rest of the field in the first of two practice sessions Thursday at Texas Motor Speedway in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series.
Only 24 drivers took to the track for the first practice session, with Justin Jennings being the slowest at 159.147 mph.
The second session is just getting underway (we’ll have updates afterward). Qualifying takes place Friday afternoon ahead of that evening’s race, the Winstar World Casino and Resort 400 at the fast 1.5-mile track in Fort Worth, Texas.
The NCWTS race is the undercard for Saturday’s Firestone 600 Verizon IndyCar Series race at TMS.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 0
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 4
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0
- Jean-Eric Vergne confirms Toro Rosso exit 3
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 6
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4