Jun 5, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Johnny Sauter (177.247 mph) and Darrell “Bubba” Wallace Jr. (176.980) paced the rest of the field in the first of two practice sessions Thursday at Texas Motor Speedway in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series.
Only 24 drivers took to the track for the first practice session, with Justin Jennings being the slowest at 159.147 mph.
The second session is just getting underway (we’ll have updates afterward). Qualifying takes place Friday afternoon ahead of that evening’s race, the Winstar World Casino and Resort 400 at the fast 1.5-mile track in Fort Worth, Texas.
The NCWTS race is the undercard for Saturday’s Firestone 600 Verizon IndyCar Series race at TMS.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Jeff Gordon high on confidence going into Brickyard 400 0
- Hamilton tops second practice in Hungary ahead of Rosberg 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Hungarian Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Hungarian GP highlights 30+ hours of motorsports coverage across NBC, NBCSN and CNBC this weekend 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for Hungarian GP 0