Jun 5, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Johnny Sauter (177.247 mph) and Darrell “Bubba” Wallace Jr. (176.980) paced the rest of the field in the first of two practice sessions Thursday at Texas Motor Speedway in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series.
Only 24 drivers took to the track for the first practice session, with Justin Jennings being the slowest at 159.147 mph.
The second session is just getting underway (we’ll have updates afterward). Qualifying takes place Friday afternoon ahead of that evening’s race, the Winstar World Casino and Resort 400 at the fast 1.5-mile track in Fort Worth, Texas.
The NCWTS race is the undercard for Saturday’s Firestone 600 Verizon IndyCar Series race at TMS.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham denies future is at risk despite goods being seized 2
- Simona de Silvestro’s F1 hopes at risk due to financial problems 11
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 24
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3