Jun 5, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Johnny Sauter (177.247 mph) and Darrell “Bubba” Wallace Jr. (176.980) paced the rest of the field in the first of two practice sessions Thursday at Texas Motor Speedway in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series.
Only 24 drivers took to the track for the first practice session, with Justin Jennings being the slowest at 159.147 mph.
The second session is just getting underway (we’ll have updates afterward). Qualifying takes place Friday afternoon ahead of that evening’s race, the Winstar World Casino and Resort 400 at the fast 1.5-mile track in Fort Worth, Texas.
The NCWTS race is the undercard for Saturday’s Firestone 600 Verizon IndyCar Series race at TMS.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- NHRA: Rain washes out Friday’s first two rounds of qualifying four 4-Wide Nationals 0
- The Equalization Conundrum: Should F1 put sport to one side in favor of ‘the show’? 1
- Practice setbacks leave Hamilton “quite a bit off” in Malaysia (VIDEO) 2
- Verizon IndyCar Series 2015 preseason content roundup 0
- Hamilton hits back by topping second practice in Malaysia 0
- Rosberg quickest in Malaysia FP1 as Hamilton hits trouble 2
- Now IndyCar’s champion, Will Power’s mindset hasn’t changed heading into 2015 0